This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Sanjeet Mangat

Year: A little past university…

Degree: Mathematics, University of Cambridge

Her Campus loves: As it’s been the Christmas holidays, I sadly haven’t been lurking around campus to prey on unsuspecting freshers (in a completely non-creepy and appropriate way) and start gushing about how much I love their coats. Instead, I present you with my big sister who has just turned 30 in the most beautiful dress I’ve seen her in (yes, she may or may not be cutting the tag off my dress in the second photo)!

It’s a silver, glittery dress from Topshop with a 90’s style round neckline with thin straps. There’s also a wrap-around detail at the hem of the dress which subtly sets it apart from most other straight dresses. Being 5 foot 11.75 inches, she doesn’t exactly need a pair of heels which is why she’s teamed the dress with a pair of flat, silver sandals from Accessorize – although it would still work with a pair of heels for those ladies out there who feel more comfortable with a bit of extra height. Her teardrop-shaped, dangly earrings were a present bought for her from Singapore, but similar ones can be found all over the high street at the moment – in fact, pretty much any big earrings you could find would go well with the dress as it’s such a neutral colour.

So even though Christmas may be over, you’d be mistaken to shove away all the glitter in your wardrobe until December 2015: hang onto the festive season and dazzle in sparkles for as long as is socially acceptable….

Stay fabulous, sister!

Sources:http://naomifullbloom.tumblr.com/

Final year English Language and Literature student. Likes: cheese, the colour black, and bearded men.