Summer Style Guide 2017: Bikini and Swimwear Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

If you’re anything like me, shopping for swimwear is a stressful time. Beach pictures and bikini selfies on Instagram are on the rise, complete with captions along the lines of ‘looking forwards to sunnier, happier times.’ And quite honestly we are looking forwards to the gruelling exam season to be over.

There is actually a great selection of swimwear this season, a range of bikinis and one-pieces to suit all shapes and sizes. Here are some of my favourites:

1. Missguided – Purple Triangle Mesh Detail Bikini Set, £25.99

This bikini is stunning, it would be perfect for a girls’ holiday and perfect for posing at pool parties in. Effortlessly cool and a gorgeous on trend purple bikini, the tie detail makes the bikini look really expensive when in actuality it is very reasonably priced – especially with the student discount offered by Missguided. 

2.  Topshop – Shirred Bandeau Bikini Set, £30.00

Although yellow may seem a garish colour to some; paired with a glowing sun tan, it looks gorgeous. This bikini is bright and fun and with its really figure complimenting shape, it will suit all shapes and sizes and this type of top suits both smaller and bigger busts.

3. Shein – Jungle Print Side Tie Reversible Bikini Set, £11.07

This website is amazing, granted the quality is not amazing and the items will not last forever. However they will last a whole summer and they have such a variety of really gorgeous swimwear for ridiculously cheap prices. This jungle print bikini with a tan will look stunning and the fact that it is reversible means that, in theory, you are getting 2 bikinis for £5 each.

4. Boohoo.com – Nambia Lace Up Swimsuit, £20

White swimsuit and a tan; what could be more perfect? The lace up detailing on this one-piece gives it a designer look and it looks super trendy. It could also be worn along the beach paired with some light wash denim shorts to be transformed from a swimsuit to a casual outfit.

5. Pretty Little Thing – Larah Palm Print Balcony Bikini Set, £25

This bikini is a lovely shape, the bustier style looks so chic and looks quite similar to the Triangl style bikinis. With an all over tropical print, it is perfect for any holiday from Zante to St Tropez!

Edited by: Sarah Holmes