Student Rushed to Hospital After Crisis Balcony Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Witnesses looked on in horror last night as a clubber, presumably a UoN student, fell from the balcony during Rock City’s Crisis student night. 

The dancefloor was immediatly cleared as paramedics and police rushed to the aid of the (as yet) unknown student, who was quickly taken to the QMC for treatment. It is believed that the victim was conscious at this point.  Crisis released the following statement in the early hours of the morning:

“We would like to apologise to our customers this evening that we unfortunately needed to close the main room due to a customer falling from the Balcony. Given the serious nature of the incident it was entirely necessary.

Rock City staff were quick to react and Police and ambulance staff were on site within 4 minutes. The individual was conscious whilst being treated, but clearly had sustained a severe head injury. He was rushed to QMC medical centre for emergency care. Having reviewed the CCTV footage it appears the individual involved fell by their own accord and so Police are not currently looking for anyone.

We would like to thank our customers who were respectful of all our staff, venue staff, Police and Ambulance crew allowing them to deal with the situation with as much care for the customer that the situation warranted. When asked to move back away from the area you pretty much all responded orderly and sensibly and we are grateful for that.

Our hearts go out to the customer involved in the incident and we hope they recover in hospital as soon as possible.

For customers with late entry tickets who were unable to come in due to the incident we will be issuing refunds in due course. This will be processed automatically onto the purchasing card and there is nothing you need to do.

We thank you for your patience and look forward to seeing you at a less incident filled Crisis soon.”

The incident unfolded before queing customers and non-attenders online, when Crisis tweeted the following on their official Twitter page:

Her Campus would not like to speculate on the identity or condition of the victim until further information is confirmed, but wish him a speedy and full recovery. 

Sources 

http://nottingham.tab.co.uk/2014/10/09/breaking-person-believed-to-have-…

Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!