This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As May approaches, for university students, the dreaded exam season looms. Revision, sunshine, coursework, beer gardens, pressure, and park walks – how exciting! Whilst the sun shines the student must revise; this can lead to many people huddled in their rooms or the library, desperately trying to focus. However, such an approach is probably not the best way of learning.

Earlier in the year, I wrote about some de-stress techniques which I have decided to revisit due to the impending exam season. Whilst mindful artwork actually tended to bring in a different form of stress,  walks through nature has tended to be my favoured activity. Being isolated from work and forced to experience where I am in the present, gave me a clearer mindset when working. The pressure of performing is only exaggerated by the good weather and missed opportunities. But, if everyone, friends and classmates, are struggling through together maybe de-stressing would be best achieved together as well? Whilst the activities were calming independently, I found connecting with other people and stepping away from my own perspective the most effective way to relax. Inevitably, as we are all individuals, the approach to relaxing and de-stressing will be unique for all of us – all I can say is finding which works best has been a profitable experience.

Elle A

Nottingham '23

Writer for Her Campus Nottingham. Lover of tea and Austen.