Spring/Summer Style Guide: Denim Jackets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As the weather gets marginally warmer, it seems appropriate to ditch our trusty puffa jackets and waterproof coats and replace them with something a little more summery. The perfect jacket for this transition is a denim jacket; it’s just about thick enough to provide some warmth yet still gives that little nod to summer and makes your outfit a little bit more interesting.

There are so many great denim jackets in the shops at the moment and I’m going to show you my top 5 favourites:

1. Bershka Pink Oversized Jacket

This jacket is so gorgeous and quite unusual, this shade of pink looks lovely with light wash denim (this could be jeans or a skirt) and also black denim so it is so versatile for everyday wear. It could also be layered over the top of a summery dress.

2. White Floral Embroidered Oversized Denim Jacket

This white embroidered jacket is such a lovely statement summer item. This will go lovely over dresses and playsuits and light wash denim. The embroidery is on trend and the fact it is white means it will look great with a tan!

3. Missguided Lace-Up Denim Jacket

This jacket would be perfect for festivals, the lace up detailing makes it unique and adds a vintage look. Due to the fact it is blue denim it will go with most outfits so can be worn on a day to day basis and can be worn day or night!

4. Black Denim Jacket

You can’t go wrong with a basic black jacket – it can genuinely be paired with anything! Pairing it with black skinny jeans and creating co-ords is also a great way to style a plain jacket like this.

5. Embroidered Denim Jacket

This is such an amazing statement piece. It’s a lot more grungy than the other pieces featured. The embroidery is really trendy and the colours stand out and make this jacket look really expensive. This can be paired with little summer dresses for a grungy look or simply jeans and a t shirt for a really expensive, designer-esque look.

Edited by: Sarah Holmes