Snapped: The Secret Garden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Continuing my running theme – highlighting the hidden gems of University Park – here is the ‘Lenton Hall Garden’, found at the back of Hugh Stewart Hall. With a beautiful blossom tree in the corner next to a little rock garden, it’s another perfect place to sit and relax. This garden is definitely one to put on your Campus Bucket List, although I’m sure those of you lucky enough to have resided in Hugh Stew have already crossed it off. The first time I visited this garden was three years ago, when I was in my first year; it was pitch black save for one lamp that showed me vague shapes of the topiaries and the shadows of little flower beds. Now I’m in my fourth year I decided it was high time I saw this place in the daylight. Although I’m sure it’s even prettier in the summer, it isn’t half bad in the winter either.

Sarah Holmes

Nottingham

Sarah is currently a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, studying Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry. As a photography intern for HC Nottingham, she now has an excuse for all the snaps she takes while out and about exploring the city. In addition to this, she is also a copy editor (mostly because she's one of those annoying gals who likes to correct you). In between adventures, she can often be found either: cuddled up with her two extremely fluffy labradoodle pups Sherlock and Watson; singing loudly in her student flat; reading books about bad-ass women of the past; fretting about whether her fringe is straight or trying not to burn something in the kitchen.
Naomi Upton

Nottingham

Naomi is a third year English student at Nottingham University and Co-Editor in Chief of HC Nottingham. Naomi would love a career in journalism or marketing but for now she spends her time beauty blogging, attempting to master the delicate art of Pinterest, being an all-black-outfit aficionado, wasting time on Buzzfeed, going places, taking pictures and staying groovy.