Sequins and Sparkles: NYE Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Pooja Naik (Me!) 

Year: 4

Course: Chemistry 

Favourite High Street Shop: H&M

Her Campus loves: Sequins and Sparkles for the perfect festive party look! 

Firstly I’d like to wish you all a very happy new year! I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating the new year with friends and family. This year I decided to see in 2015 with all my university friends at a house party so I thought I’d share my outfit of the night with you all.

Now as it was NYE, I couldn’t just wear my regular house party attire and we all know the easiest way to dress up an outfit is with a bit of sparkle! I fell in love with this gorgeous sequined crop top from Miss Selfridge and had to have it! I decided to pair it with my Topshop high waisted jeans and a black blazer for a comfortable yet smart casual look. 

If you’re going out to a fancy restaurant or bar you could dress up this outfit even further with a pair of black heels and gold clutch as pictured. But as I was only going to a house party and wanted to be comfortable, I definitely had to swap heels for flats!

I hope you all have an amazing new year and achieve everything you wish for. I’m definitely looking forward to sharing all the best outfits of 2015 with you all!​