Run Naked Through London Zoo for Tiger Conservation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Are you feline confident? Every year almost 200 runners ditch their clothes and streak butt-naked through ZSL London Zoo all in aid of tiger conservation! The event is called ‘Streak for Tigers’, a punny play on words as a group of tigers is called a streak (bet you didn’t know that!) and only lasts for approximately 5-10 minutes, as people run 300 metres through Regents Park Zoo. 

This fundraiser with a twist raised £25k last year for the international conservation charity, helping to monitor and protect tigers in the wild and support the park rangers who work in tiger habitats. With only around 4-500 Sumatran tigers left in the wild, the organisers hope that this event will not only raise much needed funds for ZSL but also raise awareness of the dwindling number of tigers and the important work that needs to be done in order to save them. 

This years streak is happening on Thursday 10th August and will be its fifth year running! So if you want to unleash your wild side and raise money for a great cause, all you need to do is pay a £20 registration fee and pledge to raise a minimum of £150. If you’re a little shy about getting full on nude, fear not, every ‘Tiger Streaker’ will be provided with a tiger mask – so at least you can hide your embarrassment!

So… get your orange and black paint ready, break in your trainers and dare to bare for our furry friends! 

Sign up to participate here: https://www.zsl.org/ticket/zsl-london-zoo-streak-for-tigers-participants

Immy Hibberd

Nottingham