Revision Break: The 10 Cutest Animals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

It’s that time of year again. We are all inundated with deadlines and we seem to be spotted more often in Hallward than in our own houses. Crisis withdrawal symptoms are rife and the beautiful sunshine isn’t making it any easier to sit inside and do the arduous task of revision. But don’t fear, this list of the world’s cutest animals is sure to rescue anybody from the deepest, darkest revision-blues and put a (albeit, temporary) smile on your face!

1. Bush Baby

• With the biggest eye size to face size ratio known to man, these animals are undeniably cute. Their real name is Galago and they are nocturnal creatures found in Africa.
  • Fun Fact: These animals can jump up to 6.6 feet high, which is surprising for an animal with an average size of only 5 inches.

​2. Pygmy Hedgehog

• Despite being spikey and therefore potentially difficult to pet, these tiny hedgehogs made the list. They have been bred for domestication and therefore are teeny tiny and so cute.
  • Fun Fact: They are prone to a diseases which affects their muscles and makes it difficult for them to balance. It is called Wobbly Hedgehog Disease.

​3. Pug

• Pugs are the latest Internet craze and it’s not hard to see why. Even though they look as if they have just run into a concrete wall at 90 mph, there is something very cute about them.

• Fun Fact: Pugs love attention and massages. They will even take a massage from a cat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnCgd1s1fw

​4. Pomeranian

• These pint sized dogs are easily mistaken for a teddy bear. Boo the Pomeranian became an Internet sensation, famed for being the world’s cutest dog.
  • Fun Fact: There was a Pomeranian on board the Titanic when it sunk and it was rescued and brought home safely with its owner in a lifeboat.

​5. Sloth

• So strange and ugly looking that they are cute. These relatives of anteaters can be found looking ever so chilled out in the jungles of South America.

• Fun fact: Sloths can sleep for up to 20 hours a day – not dissimilar from a student!

​6. Quokka

• This marsupial has been deemed the happiest animal on Earth. This is due to its constant smile.

• Fun Fact: Quokkas are not scared of humans at all and are more than happy to approach people.

​7. Baby Panda

• Baby pandas are so fluffy and small that they had to make the list.
  • Fun Fact: Pandas are a symbol of peace in China.
  • This video says it all.

​8. Swan

• These graceful beautiful animals are strangely cute despite being a bit aggressive.

• Fun Fact: They find one mate who they will be with for the rest of their life.

​9. Albino Dolphin

• Albino dolphins are extremely rare but are easy to spot due to their pale pink complexion. One has been spotted in Lake Calcasieu, just north of the Gulf of Mexico and has been imaginatively named ‘Pinky the Dolphin’.
  • Fun Fact: Even Pinky’s eyes are pink.

10. Otter

• These semi-aquatic mammals are extremely cute. They live in a couch and their babies are called pups.
  • Fun Fact: Otters hold hands while they sleep so that they don’t float apart.​

I'm a second year student at the University of Nottingham studying History and American Studies.
Maddie studies American Studies at the University of Nottingham and is in her 4th year. She joined the Her Campus team on her year abroad at University of Illinois as a social media intern and now she and Anna are excited to open the University of Nottingham's chapter this September.