Review: Lux Lisbon at Bodega

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

4 STARS ****

I love watching a band that clearly love what they do, and Lux Lisbon definitely fall into that category. Plus they were formed at our very University of Nottingham, so that gives them points immediately (obviously).

The up-beat, catchy melodies had me tapping my foot along to every song, whilst I propped up the bar with my lemonade (didn’t wanna go too hard, I had a 9am lecture the next day). Even the song that was clearly about the inevitability of death had my head bobbing. In fact, it was one of the highlights, along with ‘Your Heart Is A Weapon The Size Of Your Fist’ which had a hint of The Killers about it. ‘Bullingdon Club’ was accompanied by the promo video for the song, including several dancing Boris Johnsons and David Camerons, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The male/female vocals add something different to the indie sound, setting them apart from other bands in the genre (that quite frankly can get samey and dull). The song ‘The Devil Got Me Dancing’ sung by the female bassist was a nice, slightly more chilled break up in the set.

The band released their latest EP as a free download from their website which I highly recommend; this band will only get bigger as time goes on, and as they keep writing such brilliantly harmonious tunes.

Edited by Harriet Dunlea

Current third year English and History student, with a love of music, and lots of opinions. 
Harriet Dunlea is Campus Correspondent and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Nottingham. She is a final year English student at the University of Nottingham. Her passion for student journalism derives from her too-nosey-for-her-own-good nature.