From PJs to Party Dresses: What to Wear on Christmas Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Whether your idea of the 25th is never getting out of your pyjamas or if you prefer to sparkle more than the lights on the tree, Her Campus has found the best inspiration for your Christmas day outfits!

CHRISTMAS MORNING

Getting up early is all part of the fun, but you probably don’t want your usual sleep attire to be captured in the family photo for eternity. Everyone loves the traditional festive PJ set but if you fancy something more subtle, then this Topshop lounge suit is perfect to slouch around in all day. Team it up with these cosy socks from Joules, bunny slippers from Accessorize and adorable sleep mask from Wildfox and you may never want to leave the house again!

FAMILY LUNCH

Even though you may want to stay in your pyjamas all day, chances are the traditional family lunch is next on the schedule. This grey New Look jumper will look great with a festive green corduroy skirt from Urban Outfitters, and the Jack Wills suede boots are perfect for the walk you will inevitably get dragged on afterwards. Finally, this silver bracelet with gem stone details from Trouva is an elegant addition.

EVENING SPARKLE

Christmas is a time for celebration and if you’ve made it through the day without falling asleep in front of the TV- crack open the champagne! This maroon velvet dress from Motel radiates fun while the black heels from Urban Outfitters are comfortable enough for you to dance all the way through the NOW Christmas album. If you’re going out of the house, this Topshop clutch adds even more shimmer and the crescent moon pendant from Lulu Winter is delicate enough to compliment the bolder dress.

Edited by Sarah Holmes

Image source:

http://www.teentimes.com/style/the-ultimate-christmas-checklist-for-girl…

Naomi Upton

Nottingham

Naomi is a third year English student at Nottingham University and Co-Editor in Chief of HC Nottingham. Naomi would love a career in journalism or marketing but for now she spends her time beauty blogging, attempting to master the delicate art of Pinterest, being an all-black-outfit aficionado, wasting time on Buzzfeed, going places, taking pictures and staying groovy.