Style > Beauty

Our Top 5 Cleansing Products for a Post-Exam Season Detox

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Many have been feeling the January blues lately. Still feeling bloated from Christmas (which was like a month ago!), feeling under the weather because apparently there’s a ‘bug going round’, and drowning in exam revision and assignment deadlines, not to mention stress eating a load of junk? We think you’d agree that we all need a post-party season, post-exam season, overall cleansing winter detox.

The Body Shop Vanilla and Tonka Bean Scented Candle 200g, available at thebodyshop.com for £10

We’re gonna go ahead and start this list by recommending a scented candle. Bear with us, we know ‘ain’t nobody got that for that’ right now, but simply light a calming candle with a pleasing fragrance and just leave it. Trust us – you will feel at least a little de-stressed and relaxed. The Body Shop have a range of scented candles that are fairly priced and smell amazing, so pick your favourite smell and make it LIT.

Baylis and Harding Sweet Mandarin and Grapefruit Handwash 500ml, available at superdrug.com for £2.15

It is important for us to wash our hands for at least 20 seconds more than 6 times a day, especially this time of year when germs and bacteria are everywhere due to the flu. This might seem weird but you might as well make your 20 second hand washes a pleasant experience by using a fun Baylis and Harding hand wash to not only clean but make you feel refreshed. 

Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub 350g, available at lush.com for £9.95

For a full body cleanse, try a body scrub or shower gel from Lush to make you feel awake and energised. They have a range of different bath and body items all for different purposes and needs, and they’re all made from natural ingredients. Rub Rub Rub is a rejuvenating blossom-scented sea salt scrub that can be used on the body and on the hair for shine and volume.

Kocostar Cucumber Slice Mask Sheet (12 slices), available at beautybay.com for £4.

Stress and junk food go hand in hand, but they can also work together to make the skin dull, dry, and irritated. Hydrate your skin by drinking plenty of water and using a nourishing, replenishing moisture mask. We love this one by Kocostar because the cucumber helps sooth and freshen.

These slice masks are also incredibly easy to use and very low maintenance. They’re sheet masks so you don’t need to worry about any mess, and since they’re literally the size of cucumber slices you can decide exactly where on your skin you want to put them, meaning you don’t have to cover your whole face.

Innocent Invigorate Super Smoothie 750ml, available at tesco.com for £3.49

Last but not least, we just have to talk about cleansing, detox juices and smoothies, because they really are beauty products! Innocent’s range of Super Smoothies are great to make you feel cleansed from 3 months of party food. If you haven’t already, try the Invigorate Smoothie; it’s made with lots of healthy greens and also has matcha, which contains antioxidants and is very nutritious. This will definitely make your skin glow.

Image Sources

1

2

3

4

5

6

Saifa Ahmed

Nottingham

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!