Nottingham’s Top 5 Date Night Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

1. Top lunch date – Tarn Thai Nottingham

Situated just outside Hockley, Tarn Thai is in the perfect position for an easy lunch date, before or after exploring the rest of the city. The decor and internal design is super stylish (complete with indoor water features) and the food is just as good. At lunch time they offer a set menu of two courses including coffee or tea at £9.50 per person. If you’re in a hurry you can instead order an express lunch of a main course with rice for just £6.50. Although this excludes the rice and noodles dishes, there is such a large variety, even vegetarians won’t miss out. 

2. Top British Date – George’s Kitchen

“AFTER MANY DEBATES ABOUT WHAT COMBINATION WORKS BEST… WE DECIDED IT ALL BLOOMING WORKS!”

This quote from George’s Kitchen embodies everything about it: their menu promises a good traditional British meal and that’s exactly what they deliver.

This fish and chip shop stands above the rest with their own unique variations of typical dishes: they also deliver the dishes with some slight variants that make them very interesting and causes them to stand out from other fish and chip restaurants. If you thought mac ’n’ cheese couldn’t get any better then you haven’t tried George’s short crust pastry version! It’s perfect for a date with a British local so you can smugly chat about how amazing we are. Or try it as a date location with someone new to the UK and throw them in the deep end of British cuisine. George’s kitchen might not be a typical date but for a chilled out vibe and great food there is no place better.

3. Top Cheeky Date – Nando’s  

Picking apart chicken with your fingers may not be the most attractive thing to do on a date, but Nando’s is always an all round winner. Hop aboard the Banterbus and enjoy their Peri Peri chicken. All jokes aside; Nandos is great for a chilled out date and for £7.35 for a 1/4 chicken and two sides, the price isn’t too bad either. Just remember not to try the black sauce; that is if you want to remain respectable in front of your date!

4. Top Romantic Date – Edin’s Cafe 

Edin’s cafe is one of Hockley’s buried treasures. It has a lovely continental vibe which is reflected in the food. With dimmed lights, lit candles and easy listening music, this gorgeous atmosphere is perfect for a romantic date and won’t break the bank either. Edin’s offers a set menu of two courses for £6.95 before 5pm or £8.95 after 5pm, or, alternatively, you could go for the express lunch which offers the dish of the day and a glass of wine for just £5. Edin’s cafe is cute, cosy and comforting and with reasonably priced food it is an easy win for a romantic date.

5. Top Evening Date – Tilt Bar 

The narrow doorway just down from Bodega may not look like an ideal date spot, but for those in the know, Tilt is a great hideaway bar. The venue is small but never crowded and although they don’t offer food, there’s plenty in the form of cocktails.The menu is split into different alcohol sections, making it easy to spot cocktails to avoid if you’ve got a bad history with any particular drink (for me it’s Tequila!) The cocktails are fairly expensive, staring at around £7, but they’re easily worth the money. Tilt is also a wonderful blues/jazz bar that often hosts live performances from talented artists, local and otherwise.

Edited by Tia Ralhan

Image sources:

www.instagram.com

www.tourismsurrey.com

www.tripadvisor.com

www.tarnthai.com

www.edinsnottingham.co.uk

Rachel Bates

Nottingham

20 year old student from Manchester. Studying Nutrition and Dietetics at Nottingham Uni. Interested in fashion, acting, reading and cooking.
Naomi Upton

Nottingham

Naomi is a third year English student at Nottingham University and Co-Editor in Chief of HC Nottingham. Naomi would love a career in journalism or marketing but for now she spends her time beauty blogging, attempting to master the delicate art of Pinterest, being an all-black-outfit aficionado, wasting time on Buzzfeed, going places, taking pictures and staying groovy.