This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

A campaign to celebrate kindness across Nottingham has been launched by Robin Hood Energy, a local non-profit energy provider.

Kindness Day will be taking place on 27th July 2018 in Nottingham and the energy supplier is asking for the city’s individual acts of kindness to be celebrated by sharing our own stories in order to celebrate them.

Robin Hood Energy is asking:

“Have you witnessed something in the street that was driven purely by someone wanting to do good? Did you see someone helping a stranger, or maybe a stranger helped you? Has someone you know completed something selfless that needs to be shared?”

Simon Rhodes, Marketing Manager of Robin Hood Energy says, “At Robin Hood, we’re experts in energy and power, but beyond anything, we believe that kindness is one of the most powerful forces that exists. That’s why we want to know your stories of kindness in and around Nottingham.”

Having spent four years as a happy student at the University of Nottingham, this feels like a great way to thank the city of Nottingham for accepting us into their community and making it such a great city to live and study in! This campaign, however, celebrates both the city and the individuals who make Nottingham so special, which is why the stories will be collated here for everyone to read through: https://robinhoodenergy.co.uk/news/nottinghamiskind/

So, have a think and get posting so that your nearest and dearest are in with a shot of being named ‘Nottingham’s Kindest Person’!

Student at the University of Nottingham studying English and French. Spending a year in France doing sport, sailing and marketing.
Hey, I'm Chloe Jade Clarke. I studied at the University of Nottingham for a degree in English and Philosophy from 2016-2019. During my time here I started out in journalism as a reviewer for Her Campus Nottingham before being promoted to Campus Correspondent (editor-in-chief) in my third year. After graduation, I will be training for my News Journalism MA at Cardiff University. Here are a selection of articles that I've written over the past couple of years; I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them!