Nina & Krish: Your Women’s Officers Candidates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Nina Humphries and Krishna Shah are both second year sociology students and friends. Between them they are heavily involved with campus life. You might recognise them as the keen campaigners who are running for joint Women’s Officers next year.

What’s your favourite food?

Krish: Ice Cream, crisps, pizza and cake. And Nando’s veggie burger

Nina: Cheesy chips and chocolate (not together!)

What’s your favourite place to go out?

Krish: My favourite place in town is Bodega – always have a good night there.

Nina: Bodega too – Krish stole my answer!

What’s your favourite thing about Nottingham Uni?

Krish: My favourite part of the University is the downs, because it reminds of hanging out there in the summer in first year.

Nina: The Student’s Union because since I’ve started to get more involved I’ve realised how important it is.

What do you do around campus at the moment?

Krish: I’m involved in the Women’s Network as a general committee member and I can often be found at my course socials

Nina: I am publicity officer of the Women’s Network but I have also ben involved in running a lot of events. I also present and produce Women’s Words on URN every Saturday. I also am a treasurer for SocSoc and have helped organise socials

Why did you choose to run for Women’s Officers?

Krish: Because i’m really passionate about women’s issues and I think there are a lot of unresolved problems which Nina and I can help change

Nina: I’m also passionate about gender equality and I want to carry on the amazing work that the current women’s officer, Rose Bonner, does.

Where can you be found on a Friday night in Nottingham?

Krish: Ocean

Nina: Anywhere but Ocean! See we represent all female students!

Voting in the SU elections closes Friday at 3pm so don’t forget to have your say!

I'm a second year student at the University of Nottingham studying History and American Studies.
Maddie studies American Studies at the University of Nottingham and is in her 4th year. She joined the Her Campus team on her year abroad at University of Illinois as a social media intern and now she and Anna are excited to open the University of Nottingham's chapter this September.