The New Season, Vintage & Style: An Interview With Local Fashion Icon Roxanne Hudson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Roxanne Hudson, commonly known as @trollcityrox on Instagram, is a 25-year-old fashion lover from Leicester. Roxanne knows how to keep her followers happy: signature pose, black messy bun and daily fashion fixes. She works in the cow vintage shop in George Street and it is the place to be when it comes to hot vintage cloths and accessories. In celebration of the autumn arriving I met Roxanne for a bit fashion chit chat at cow vintage’s new season party! See what Roxanne thinks about vintage, pastels and finding your own style here:

Me and Roxanne striking a pose in front of Cow Vintage Nottingham. 

Hey Roxanne, thank you for your time! A new season is arriving! What is your favourite colour for autumn?

Roxanne: I really like mustard at the minute. Just mustard and black, I really like that!

Do you like the current trend which is all about pastels in autumn and winter? Do you even follow trends?

Roxanne: I don’t ever really follow trends, I just go with how I feel! I don’t even plan out my outfit I just pick something the day before. I’d rather go all black but I appreciate pastel colours on other people. They look nice on others but it’s not for me.

Was it hard to find your signature style and do you have any fashion advice for uni girls?

Roxanne: My best friend, who I met 3 years ago, was my biggest fashion inspiration. She gave me the confidence to wear the clothes I wanted to wear and from that I began to then develop my own style. I don’t think about the way I dress that much – this makes it hard to give you advice!  It is good to be versatile and to have different looks! People try to just stick to one look but I don’t think they need to! Dress how you feel! One day you may want to wear a ladylike dress and the next day some jeans and a t-shirt – don’t think about it just go with it!

Do you have a favourite piece in your closet? What is it and where did you get it?

Roxanne: (points at her black skinny jeans) Actually these jeans are my favourite. I wear them every single day!(laughs) They’re super high waisted Dr Denim jeans and I’ve just ordered 3 more pairs in different colours…

Shhh… we found Roxanne’s favourite jeans on asos.com for only £39! Get them here

Roxanne loves her high-waisted jeans!

Source: Instagram.com/trollcityrox

You work at a vintage shop – do you like vintage clothes yourself or do you prefer new pieces?

Roxanne: I shop vintage mainly because I work here, it’s just really easy and cow vintage is a really trendy shop. You can get cool high street fashion for half the price. However H&M is probably one of my favourite shops, they have great pieces. It is the same with Primark – I am not ashamed to say it!(laughs)

21-year-old fashion lover from Berlin, Germany, currently discovering the Brits and Nottingham. My life is a black and white movie filled with ripped, skinny jeans.I'm secretly married to Matty Healy.