This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The flowers are blooming, and it’s getting warmer – spring is incoming. That also means that Mother’s Day is approaching! If you’re lucky enough to have your mum around, show her she’s special by celebrating her for one day.  It can be harder to shop for presents in these unprecedented times, as we’re without the liberty of going out into the shops and are reduced to online browsing. So, if you’re stuck for gift inspiration, I’ve narrowed down some options which are pretty much always good presents.

The first idea is a classic – flowers! With it being so close to spring, it’s a perfect time to gift a gorgeous bouquet. What’s more, you can still send a beautiful bunch even if you can’t celebrate in person. Companies such as Interflora and Bloom and Wild offer fast delivery, along with the option of a gift message and any extras, like chocolate. It’s an easy, classic gift but a winner every time! It is especially a good present if you secretly find out your mum’s favourite flowers to have the added sentimental value.

Following on from the first gift, chocolate is never a bad idea! Or you can go further with the idea of a gift you can eat and get a food hamper. There’s chocolate hampers, wine and cheese, snacks…everything! Or you can buy a nice basket (there are some lovely ones in Hobbycraft) and create their very own personalised hamper with their favourite treats in, hand-selected and wrapped by you. Whichever way you chose, at the end of it all, they get a nice basket as well!

Another classic is a framed photograph of you both / your family together. It’s personal, reminds them of the memory, and gives them a nice new piece of home décor. The Range and B&M do gorgeous frames for a small price, making this a good affordable present. You could even get a multi-frame and select a series of memory-evoking pictures or create a photo-book online. Either way, I always think it’s nice to be sentimental on Mother’s Day, and what’s better than some old holiday photos to remind everyone of better times (especially now!).

To finish, a different kind of idea is a voucher for her favourite shop! With the shops hopefully reopening in April, a gift voucher could be a nice glimpse of hope for the future and allows her to choose her own present if you really don’t know what to get her! I tend to get my mum gift vouchers as I know she absolutely loves browsing TK Maxx for hours straight, so she gets a gift and experience all in one!

Bethany smith

Nottingham '22

Hi! I'm a masters Marketing student at the University of Nottingham. I have just completed my undergraduate course in Hispanic Studies where I went on an amazing year abroad in Lisbon ad Lima!