Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

With Mother’s Day fast approaching, it’s time to begin the search for a little gift to say thank you. If you consistently find yourself struggling to find the perfect present, or you just need some inspiration, this guide is the one for you.

LUXURY  

If you’re feeling ‘spendy’ this month and have a little more money, why not go wild? You could even combine your money with siblings and get something that extra bit special together.

UGG Slippers – £75

If your Mum’s a bit of a lounger, these slippers are the perfect gift. They’re lined with sheepskin making them super luxurious and cosy.

Escentric Molecules 01 Perfume – £38

Every women loves a bottle of perfume, but finding one that’s unique is often a challenge. This game-changer, on the other hand, is revolutionary. Molecules 01 contains one single ingredient and works by enhancing your natural pheromones, making it a scent exclusive to the wearer.  

Slant Marble Tea light Holder – £18.50

Marble is definitely stealing the lime-light right now; it’s everywhere you look. This piece will make a chic addition to your Mum’s home.

AFFORDABLE

The in-between category; nothing too bank-breaking but still some lovely gifts that your Mum will absolutely adore.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying – £7.69

Hoarder-er, messy, clutter-freak: are these all words that spring to mind when you think about your Mum and her habits? This book is a polite way of telling her to de-clutter her life! She’ll thank you eventually, when your home is completely transformed!

Anthropologie Mug -£12

Absolutely anything from this store will make your Mum’s day. They stock so many unique homeware items. The mugs are my personal favourite, with so many designs to choose from. If your Mum is a ‘mug collector’, this will be a great gift.

One Line A Day: A Five Year Memory Book – £12

This treasure is a favourite of mine. It will allow your Mum to track moments of her day for the next five years. It’s an ideal present as we all know how busy Mum’s can be and filling it out takes just seconds!

BUDGET FRIENDLY

Presents don’t always have to be expensive. It really is the thought that counts – what’s the point in spending lots of money you simply don’t have?

Trinket Dish – £3

Envisage your Mum yelling down the stairs (as she’s already half an hour late for work), “has anyone seen my watch?”. Yes, we’ve all witnessed this, a multiple of times. This sweet trinket dish will prevent scenarios like this happening every morning – your siblings will love you.

How to Speak Emoji – £5

I may have saved you with this one. Consider this a gift to yourself too. No matter how amusing it can be watching your parents try to use emojis correctly, sometimes it gets a little painful and quite frankly embarrassing – sort your Mum’s emoji texting out once and for all.

Personalised Gift E.g. Scrapbook – as cheap as you desire!

You can’t really go wrong with this pressie; it’s personal and shows you put in some extra effort. To save even more money, download ‘FreePrints’ from the app store; you can get up to 45 free pictures per month. Also check out Paperchase, they sell the cutest quoted postcards. Go on, get creative!

Edited by Lucy Jackman 

Product Links:

Image Sources: