jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Each week we will be introducing you to a member of our team with our series #MeetTheTeamMonday. This week Rebekah is answering some questions…

Hello Rebekah! What year are you in and what are you studying at the University of Nottingham? 

I am a second year History student. 

What is your position at Her Campus this year?

This year I am the Head of Reviews, after being a reviewer last year. The main things that I do are to read and edit the reviews submitted by the review team, and also liaise with companies and businesses around Nottingham to organise things such as theatre tickets for the team to go and review.

What do you like about Her Campus Nottingham?

One thing I really like is getting to work alongside a group of lovely and inspiring women. You know that everyone really wants to work hard and create great articles. My favourite thing would definitely have to be our socials where we get to know each other better – it’s nice to be able to put faces to names and know a bit about who else you are writing with, especially now I’m on the Exec team and I’m communicating regularly with the review team.

Why did you decide to join the Her Campus Nottingham team?

As a history student, I write plenty of essays, but I enjoy writing and wanted the chance to write in a less formal way as well. Plus, as a reviewer it gives me the perfect excuse to go and visit lots of coffee shops!

What has been your most memorable “university moment” so far?

It didn’t happen actually at university, but since I’ve been a student I’ve also been a Press Ambassador for Student Minds, the leading UK student mental health charity. Last year on University Mental Health Day I was invited to be live on a panel on Channel 5 News and talk about my university experiences and how universities can improve their support and understanding of mental health. It’s something I’m very passionate about, so it was a brilliant experience.  

Are you a night in or a night out kinda person?

Probably night in – I went out a lot in first year but now I get tired! Although I will never say no to a cocktail!

What is your plan for when you finish university?

At the moment, I still don’t really know! I’m trying to be proactive and applying to lots of internships for next summer and going to careers fairs but it doesn’t seem to be getting me anywhere! I would like to do something that involves working and communicating with others. I do really enjoy writing for Her Campus so you never know, maybe a career in journalism is ahead!  

Rebekah Dussek

Nottingham '21

Reviewer and Head of Social Media for Her Campus Nottingham
2019/ 2020 Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Nottingham A love for writing, drinking tea & chatting about uncomfortable things.