This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Each week we will be introducing you to a member of our team with our series #MeetTheTeamMonday. This week, Katy is answering some questions…

What year are you in and what are you studying at the University of Nottingham? 

I’m in my second year studying Nutrition and Dietetics here at Nottingham! 

What is your position at Her Campus this year?

I am a blogger this year and mostly write about food, nutrition and health related topics, as well as recommendations about the best food and drink places in Notts!

What do you like about Her Campus Nottingham?

I really like the freedom of being able to write about things that interest and inspire me, and gives me a platform to share my thoughts and ideas with other lovely people. 

Are you a night in or a night out kinda person?

I love a night out, but more in the form of drinks with friends and exploring cool bars in Nottingham than hitting up the Ocean dance floor! 

What is your favourite spot in Nottingham?

I love Nottingham Contemporary Art Gallery as its a really chill place to have a look around, and there’s always cool and interesting modern artwork on display. 

What is something that you couldn’t live without?

Coffee: its becoming a bit of an addiction… 

Favourite restaurant/ place to get food in Notts?

Has to be the vegan pizza from Oscar and Rosies!! Although I love the Crocus cafe, as it’s a community cafe which is volunteer run so has such a sweet and calming atmosphere. 

Katy Skillen

Nottingham '22

Hi, I'm a second year nutrition and dietetic student at Uni of Notts, interested in healthy eating and living, body positivity and all things food-related!