This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Each week we will be introducing you to a member of our team with our series #MeetTheTeamMonday. This week, Emily is answering some questions…

Hi Emily! What year are you in and what are you studying at the University of Nottingham? 

3rd (final year) and studying English BA.

How would your best friend describe you in 3 words? 

She said; Loving, Caring, “sunshine”. I didn’t even have to bribe her.  

Are you a night in or a night out kinda person?

Night in, bottle of red wine and good food. I always manage to get more drunk on nights in than I ever do on nights out. I think it’s because when I feel more comfortable in my surroundings I let myself go a bit more. 

What is your plan for when you finish university?

It changes. A lot. At the minute, I’m considering a Journalism MA at the University of Brighton and will be visiting in a few weeks!

What has being at university taught you? 

Lots. To be kind to everyone, because you never know what someone is going through. To be more confident in myself and my abilities. And to put yourself out there, you never know where it might get you. 

What is your favourite spot in Nottingham? 

There are so many. Wollaton Park, Lakeside Arts Café, Sostrene Greene (a shop in Victoria Centre which is just DIVINE). Favourite spot though is probably my bed, when my best pals are in it with me. From there we are invincible and can face anything. 

What is something that you couldn’t live without?

Obviously family and friends are the first thing which comes to mind. But if I’m trying to be “funny” or “original”, probably sudocrem, it is my holy grail body/ face product. Or coffee, that also sees me through some hard times.

What is your favourite place in the world that you have visited?

Lisbon is my favourite city I have ever visited. However, favourite place ever is probably a small town called Vernazza, part of the Cinque Terre region of Italy (you know those cluster of small colourful houses along the coast which you see on Instagram or Pinterest?- Yeah it’s there)

What is one thing that people wouldn’t necessarily know about you?

I’m quite a confident and sociable person, but have suffered with my mental health and anxiety for some time – I’ve just got really good at hiding it. On a lighter note, I can’t burp. 

What would you spend your money on if you won the lottery?

Besides all the charities I would donate to, I would pay off my parent’s mortgage and buy them a property on a Greek Island somewhere they could retire. I’d also take my younger cousin to Disneyland and do all of the extravagant, overpriced things.  

What is the one thing you would tell your younger self?

Don’t pluck your own eyebrows. You are not very good at it.

Emily Hall

Nottingham '20

3rd year English student from University of Nottingham.
2019/ 2020 Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Nottingham A love for writing, drinking tea & chatting about uncomfortable things.