jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet The Team: Chloe Jade Clarke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

All this week, we’re going behind the scenes of Her Campus Nottingham with our #MeetTheTeam series. First of all, we spoke to our Co-Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief, Chloe Jade Clarke.

First up! How did you hear about Her Campus and why did you decide to join our chapter?

I heard about Her Campus via social media when I was looking into getting more experience in the journalism and media industries. Having completed a work placement over summer at a regional newspaper, I knew I wanted to obtain some more experience whilst at university, and so Her Campus just seemed like the perfect fit for that. As well as this, I had the opportunity to make so many friends and work with wonderful women who write for and run our chapter.

Favourite thing you’ve done this summer?

Umm… I went to Disneyworld! Yeah, the Floridian one — and it was amazing. My inner child exploded all around the parks. I became addicted to the music, the lights, the shows, everything about it. Oh, and of course the castle. Magic Kingdom was my favourite park and Happily Ever After remains the best fireworks show that I have ever seen.

What are you doing when you’re not writing?

Wow, I actually had to think about that one! I write all the time, whether it’s for my degree, Her Campus or my blog. I’m a member of the Nottingham New Theatre where I assistant directed for a couple of shows last year; it was very much a highlight of my university life so far. It’s so friendly at the theatre and I will always recommend it for someone who is looking into doing something creative or who just wants to try something new. I also love actually going to the theatre – be it a play or a musical, I’m always up for something. Oh, and then I’ll probably write about it afterward…

What’s your favourite student hangout in Nottingham?

I don’t know why this first came to my mind, but it’s MOD Pizza, apparently. I had some seriously good pizza there last year and I need to go back there again soon. I also love Brown’s, which I have been to a few times, and is always lovely.

What are your future plans and ambitions after university?

To actually manage to get a job! In seriousness, I am an aspiring journalist and wish to complete a masters next year, of which I am in the midst of applying for. I just want to be a part of something fun, creative and well, if that involves writing an article or two then I’m more than up for the job!

Hey, I'm Chloe Jade Clarke. I studied at the University of Nottingham for a degree in English and Philosophy from 2016-2019. During my time here I started out in journalism as a reviewer for Her Campus Nottingham before being promoted to Campus Correspondent (editor-in-chief) in my third year. After graduation, I will be training for my News Journalism MA at Cardiff University. Here are a selection of articles that I've written over the past couple of years; I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them!