jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet The Team: Annie McGill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

All this week, we’re going behind the scenes of Her Campus Nottingham with our #MeetTheTeam series. This time, we spoke to our Head of Events, Annie McGill.

First Up! How did you hear about Her Campus and why did you decide to join our chapter?

The recruitment advertisement was sent to my university email during my first year so I applied, and was lucky enough to get the position of Entertainment Writer!

Favourite thing you’ve done this summer?

Without a doubt, the night that I spent at Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Nights. I spent it with my dad while we walked through all ten of their mazes, and there’s something funny about watching a middle-aged man shriek for his life while you’re both getting chased by a knife-wielding employee dressed up as Mike Myers.

What are you doing when you’re not writing?

Sleeping, going out or watching films hungover!

What’s the most rewarding part of being a HCN team member?

For me, it’s definitely the feeling of being in apart of a worldwide community; it gives me the chance to talk to other writers about articles that I would never have the chance to otherwise.

What’s your favourite student hangout in Nottingham?

If at night, Rock City. And if in the day, Ludorati Café Bar, which is a board game café and just a cute place to hang out with your friends during the day.

What are your future plans and ambitions after university?

Sleep? But in all seriousness, I want to write screenplays for major television series and films. I’m a very visual writer and have always been fascinated by the production of shows, so hopefully that’s where life will lead me after I graduate.

Annie McGill

Nottingham '19

Hey everybody, I'm Annie and am currently a third year at the University of Nottingham! I love writing about things happening in popular culture and always manage to have an opinion about everything, which is why writing articles about why the new Popular Show is actually terrible can be very therapeutic to me. Join me in the discovery to find new films, TV shows and anything in between to talk about!