This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

It’s that time of year again! We’re bidding a fond farewell to our current exec team and introducing our new one. Keep reading to find out their favourite HC Nottingham memories as well as their plans for the future.

Sam Carey, CC.

I’ve been with Her Campus throughout my three years at UoN, since the Nottingham chapter was founded. I began writing for HC as a Beauty Blogger and took over the reigns as CC in my second year, so handing over to a new exec is very strange and sad! Nonetheless, I’m really happy with the team we’ve chosen. We’ve expanded the exec team, which I hope will enable HC Nottingham to grow even more, and the girls on the team are all highly capable, creative and ambitious.

I’m so proud of what we’ve achieved so far. HC Nottingham achieved the second highest number of incentive points of all 260+ HC Chapters in 2014-15, we’ve climbed to the Platinum chapter level, reached over 900 likes on Facebook, expanded our social media presence vastly and hosted some fantastic fundraising events. Somehow, amidst all this, we’ve also managed to produce some top-quality articles, covering an unbelievable range of topics.

Now that I’m graduating with an English degree, I’m heading somewhat in to the vast unknown. I’m planning to spend summer working my way out of that pesky overdraft and taking a few much-needed holidays with friends and family. And sleeping. A lot. As for a career? Get back to me in a few months!

Harriet Dunlea, CC.

I’m so proud to have been a part of Her Campus Nottingham and lead such a fantastic team over the last year alongside Sam. It’s been amazing to see HC Nottingham’s audience triple since last September, and this wouldn’t have been possible without our talented, creative writers and dedicated social media team. My highlights have included gaining Platinum Level chapter status and winning multiple prizes at the HC Awards. HC has taught me a lot and I’m sad to be handing over our baby to next year’s team (although I know they’re going to do brilliantly).

I’m off to enter the terrifying grown up world (no more Netflix marathons in bed on a Tuesday). I’m going to be spending my summer interning full-time at Penguin Random House (the thought of 8-hour days fills me with dread already); after that, who knows what the future will bring! I’ll be sure to keep an eye on HC Nottingham’s progress – best of luck for next year!

Imey Vance, Head of Social Media

I’ve been with Her Campus since my Second Year- I started off as a Lifestyle Blogger and for the past year I’ve had the privilege of working alongside Jo as the Co-Heads of Social Media! We’ve had the best year, becoming a Platinum Chapter and increasing our fans on social media! I’ve been lucky enough to work with the best people; our charity fashion shows, team socials and promotions have been so fun and major successes! This experience jumps out on my CV and I’d recommend working for HC Nottingham to every Notts student! I’m so sad to leave (especially the Instagram!) but am very excited for the future team!

Joanna Webley-Brown, Head of Social Media

I’ve been on the Her Campus team for two years now, I first started off as a Campus Style Blogger and for the past year I have worked alongside the lovely Imey as the Co-Head of Social Media. A highlight for me has to be the creation of the Her Campus Nottingham YouTube Channel and the Vintage Charity Fashion Show – both are examples of hard work paying off and I have enjoyed every minute of the process. My time at Her Campus has been extremely rewarding and has opened up so many opportunities for me. Late June I will be starting a summer marketing internship at the BBC, and in September I’ll be going on a very long (and much needed) holiday. I will miss the HC experience so much, but I know Her Campus Nottingham is in more than capable hands! Good luck to the new team.

Kimberley Bond, Head of Publicity

I joined Her Campus in my second year as a humble Fashion Blogger, and honestly it’s been probably one of the best things I have done at university. I was honoured to be Head of Publicity this year and so glad to have worked with such a lovely executive team; it’s wonderful to see how all our hard work has led to Her Campus thriving this year, having being promoted to Platinum status. The experience I have gained in this position has been invaluable, not only in the field of journalism but also in events management, having organised our team socials as well as our Fashion Party at the start of the final semester. Working for Her Campus has spurned me on to become a journalist professionally, and, if my coursework didn’t go as badly as I think it has, I will be taking up a Masters at the University of Sheffield in Magazine Journalism. I’ve met some truly wonderful people through Her Campus and I’m gutted to be leaving Nottingham, but I’m happy to know we’ve left Her Campus in very capable hands: best of luck girls, I’m excited to see what you’ll do!

A massive thank you to the 2014-2015 team for all the amazing work…you will be missed! Time to meet the girls taking over the chapter this year!

Naomi Upton, CC.

Degree: English

Year: 3rd

I started writing for HC in first year as a Music Blogger then moved to Features in second year (it’s flown by fast!) My personal blog is also part of the Her Campus Blogger Network so it’s been a big part of my life as a writer. It’s all been incredibly fun and now I’m super excited to take over this year with Katie. I love our content and it’s so encouraging to see how much HC has grown to become a recognised and well-loved publication on campus. I can’t wait to meet all our new writers, organise some fun socials and continue the success of our current team!

Katie Randall, CC.

Degree: English

Year: 3rd

I have been writing for Her Campus Nottingham since November 2014, contributing to the Features section, and had such a good experience I was motivated to apply to the role of Campus Correspondent.  Taking on the role will be a new challenge for me- I’m sure there is going to be a lot of hard work, although I’m really looking forward to working with Naomi, the other CC, to continue the fantastic job Sam and Harriet have done this year! Hopefully, with the help of the rest of the Exec team, we will be able to make Her Campus Nottingham even bigger and even better!

Georgina Varley, Head of Reviews

Degree: English

Year: 3rd

I have been working for Her Campus Nottingham as a Copy Editor since September 2014 and have loved every second of it and am so excited to be filling the position of Reviews Editor from September. It’s a new position and I am looking forward to exploring what I can do with the role and helping to grow our new Reviews section which Harriet began in 2014. This will involve reaching out to more and more venues and aiming to get a reviewer at every show for venues that we already have a close bond with, such as The Nottingham New Theatre. I love theatre so this is the perfect role for me and I can’t wait to begin working with the other Exec members and further Her Campus Nottingham’s already brilliant reputation!

Margaret Ikotun, Head of YouTube

Degree: Medicine

Year: 3rd

This year I was part of the YouTube team and I had so much fun creating the videos and thinking of ideas as well interviewing people. When the chance came for me to join the team as Head of YouTube I jumped at it. Next year I am looking forward to finding some amazing new YouTubers and increasing our number of subscribers.

Helena Kelly, Sub-editor

Degree: English

Year: 3rd

Having written fortnightly features for Her Campus Nottingham throughout my second year, I am so excited to be adopting the role of Sub-editor! An English student and aspiring journalist, I cannot wait to gain some experience and work in a team of such amazing girls. I hope to help Her Campus Nottingham grow in popularity, and maybe even attract some more male readers. Of course, the socials will be another bonus!

Imogen Hibberd, Sub-editor

Degree: English

Year: 2nd

I have been writing for Her Campus for a year now and it is safe to say that it has really made my first year at Nottingham extra special. Coming into Her Campus as a first year was very daunting, but equally as exciting as it has opened up so many opportunities for me, not only in student journalism, but for getting to know a lot of new people. We will all be sad to see the girls leave, but I am very excited about working alongside some new faces, creating a strong team and making the next year one of the best our chapter has seen!

Sophie Dunne, Head of Publicity

Degree: American Studies

Year: 4th

I’ve been a member of Her Campus Nottingham since it was first launched so I’m so excited to become a member of the Exec Team as Head of Publicity! I’ve been a blogger, writing both fashion and study abroad pieces, and I was a Publicity Intern in 2nd Year. I have just returned from a year abroad in Albany, New York where I set up a new chapter of Her Campus. I’ll be taking on the role of President of the Fashion Society too so I can’t wait to collaborate between the two teams. I’m looking forward to continuing the amazing work the team before us has done, getting HC recognized across campus even more and organising some great events too! 

Kate Kilby, Head of Social Media

Degree: History and American Studies

Year: 3rd

I’m a joint honors History and American Studies student and have just finished my second year at Nottingham. I’ve loved writing for Her Campus over the past year and getting my say about things I’m interested in!

I’m really looking forward to my role as Head of Social Media for Her Campus next year, to help our chapter grow bigger and better! The funniest memes are coming your way… 

Here’s to another brilliant year at Her Campus Nottingham!

Naomi Upton

Nottingham

Naomi is a third year English student at Nottingham University and Co-Editor in Chief of HC Nottingham. Naomi would love a career in journalism or marketing but for now she spends her time beauty blogging, attempting to master the delicate art of Pinterest, being an all-black-outfit aficionado, wasting time on Buzzfeed, going places, taking pictures and staying groovy. 
Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!  
Harriet Dunlea is Campus Correspondent and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Nottingham. She is a final year English student at the University of Nottingham. Her passion for student journalism derives from her too-nosey-for-her-own-good nature.
I am a third year (eek!) English student at the University of Nottingham. When I'm not blogging from behind my laptop, you will find me reading, writing and being your general English Lit student.
3rd year BA English student at The University of Nottingham (UK), Reviews Editor for Her Campus Nottingham.
Medic Advice Giver Style Lover
Sophie is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, England. She is studying American Studies and would love a career in Journalism or Public Relations (preferably while living in NYC). Sophie has been a Fashion Blogger at HC Nottingham since she started at the University at Nottingham in 2012/13. She was also a Publicity Intern during her second year at HC Nottingham in 2013/14. She was a Campus Correspondent during her year abroad for HC Albany as well as contributing to writing for HC Nottingham. She is currently the Head of Publicity for Her Campus, as well as continuing to write fashion blogs. She is a self proclaimed fashion and make-up addict and she also enjoys travelling, reading, (excessively) watching TV shows and films, music, shopping and of course writing for Her Campus! 
Kate Kilby

Nottingham

Immy Hibberd

Nottingham