Goodbye and Hello! – Her Campus Exec Team Old and New

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As the beginning of University looms, we once again have to say goodbye to our old exec’s and welcome the new team who will be running Her Campus Nottingham for this year! Find out what they are up to after graduation and meet the new group of girls.

2015-2016 Exec Team:

Naomi Upton

Role: Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief

Her Campus was such a great thing to get involved with. I loved managing the team and planning the events, from recruitment with our giant photo frame in tow, to the end of year fashion show! The content we put out this year was incredible and it was great to be a part of a team who are responsible for getting people’s stories and opinions out into the world. I met so many wonderful people and had a fantastic time!

I’m currently working as a content developer for a local restaurant guide, and the skills I developed as HC’s Editor have seriously helped me during my first few months in the working world. HC helped me develop my skills in areas such as social media, time management and editorial work. When I was looking for a job, my experience meant that I was able to apply to a wide variety of positions: lots of employers are looking for the skills that HC equips you with!

I’m so excited to see HC go from strength to strength this year! Good luck girls. xo

Katie Randall

I joined Her Campus in my second year, and I can only say that I wish I had got involved with the website earlier! Being CC was challenging at times but working alongside Naomi and the rest of the team was great fun. Having Her Campus on my CV has been hugely helpful when applying for jobs as I always have something to talk about, whether that is people management or team work, my experiences at Her Campus have been invaluable.

Since graduating I have been working as a charity fundraiser to get some money together, but in September I will be starting a 3-month internship in Switzerland with the United Nations. After that I am not sure what is next! But I am very sad to be saying goodbye to Her Campus and the University of Nottingham!

Helena Kelly

Role: Sub-Editor

Being part of the Her Campus exec team was an absolute pleasure and I will miss the team – and our infamous wine nights – immensely! It has been so exciting to work for an ever-growing publication and equipped me with invaluable experience. While I intend to pursue a career in advertising or journalism, I am first taking a break this year to teach English in Vietnam (yes, I am becoming an insufferable gap-yah student)! Excited as I am to travel around Asia, I will definitely miss Nottingham an awful lot. Best of luck to the new exec team; I hope you enjoy working for Her Campus as much as I did!

Immy Hibberd

Role: Sub-Editor, now Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief (see below)

Kate Kilby

Role: Head of Social Media

I’m a History and American Studies graduate and last year I was the Head of Social Media for Her Campus. I really enjoyed being part of the HC Nott’s team for two years and getting to know so many people, but it has also hugely helped me since I’ve left Uni! I’ve had various work placements and internships which always ask about my work with Her Campus, as I think all media organisations like to see you have experience with online companies before. The company I’m working for now have a position in Fiji which I am going to apply for. It heavily involves the use of social media outlets and I think my Her Campus experience is going to be invaluable for the application!

Sophie Dunne

Role: Head of Publicity

I’ve been on the HC Nottingham team since it was first founded in my first year at University. I’ve had many roles, starting out as a Fashion Blogger and working my way up to Head of Publicity, even starting my own chapter on my year abroad. Her Campus has really helped to enhance my skills and introduce new skills, while having fun and meeting some great people at the same time. After taking the opportunity to become a Publicity Intern, HC has encouraged me to explore PR as a career option and I am currently applying for Fashion and Beauty PR Jobs. One of my highlights was planning and seeing the final success of our annual charity fashion show. I’m sad to be leaving as it has been such a big part of my University experience but I know we are leaving the chapter in capable hands and I can’t wait to see the next Exec team make our chapter even better.

Georgina Varley

Role: Head of Reviews

Her Campus Nottingham isn’t just great for your CV, it is a team effort and working with the Exec team and other members such as writers, photographers and social media bloggers was really exciting. Each week was different and it felt great to progress as a chapter and reach the highest chapter level! Since Her Campus I’ve been working and travelling and intend on looking for an internship in a magazine or publishers when I’m back from my travels! Ideally, I would like to explore theatre in a magazine environment, which is very similar what I did at Her Campus! To anyone who is considering joining – do it, you won’t regret it!

Margaret Ikotun

Role: Head of YouTube

So after a hectic third year I was given a two week summer holiday where I finally got to catch up with friends and celebrate my 22nd birthday. Now I’m currently in fourth year on my Paediatric placement which I’m LOVING! I really enjoyed my time editing videos for Her Campus and improving and helping others with their creative content.

2016-2017 Exec Team:

Jenine Tudtud

Role: Campus Correspondent/Editor in Chief

Course: American and Canadian Literature, History and Culture (International Study)

Year: Four

Her Campus has been the one thing that has been a constant throughout my time at uni. It’s been my safe space to talk about the issues I care about and experiences I’ve gone through and has helped me to grow in confidence (especially when I was a campus interviewer!). The socials are also always fun! I can’t wait for the Fashion Show again this year and help others get some experience in journalism!

Interesting fact about me: my music taste is quite versatile. I can go from belting out Carrie Underwood, to “rapping” Yeezy, to screaming “Do You Hear the People Sing” in an hour. They all sound great in the shower!

Immy Hibberd

Role: Campus Correspondent/Editor in Chief (previously Sub-Editor)

Course: English

Year: Three

I’ve written for Her Campus since I started at the University of Nottingham, and I have to say it is one of the best decisions I’ve made. It was a great way, as a fresher or a weathered student, to meet loads of new people and make friends, whilst gaining experience in so many areas of journalism and media. I really enjoyed my position as Sub-Editor last year as it provided a stepping stone to becoming Editor-in-Chief, something I have wanted to do since freshers. Whenever I have applied to internships it has always been the first topic of conversation as they are really interested in what we do and value the knowledge you gain from it. Her Campus is so much fun to write and work for and I am so privileged to run our chapter and hopefully take it from strength to strength! I can’t wait to meet and work with our new team of writers, see you all at the socials!

Emily Talbut

Role: Head of Social Media

Course: English with Creative Writing

Year: Two

As a fresher last year, I started out as a fortnightly travel blogger and loved sharing my content on such a big platform. It felt great to be part of a network of girls with such a variety of interests, ranging from the fun and light-hearted to more serious and timely topics. I really enjoyed reading the articles of my fellow bloggers and was influenced by their unique styles to gradually improve my own. Before coming to Nottingham, I took a gap year travelling in Tanzania, Australia and America, and my most recent adventure this summer was to the beautiful Bali. I aim to continue using these experiences, and hopefully many more to come, to inspire my worldly writing this year!

Jessica Greaney

Role: Head of Reviews

Course: English

Year: Three

I decided to work for Her Campus as Head of Reviews because I love how we write the stories that our readership want to hear, about things that really matter. I love the vibe and how hardworking, friendly and approachable every member of the team is. Working for Her Campus supplies me with great experience that future employers will be impressed with, while still being able to enjoy every single second

Sarah Holmes

Role: Head of Publicity and Marketing

Course: Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry

Year: Four

I’m the Publicity Officer for the next year, and my role is to organise socials and spread the word about Her Campus around the University. I’m currently a fourth year Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry student, and breaking lab equipment, poking cells and wondering what the real difference is between Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry is basically how I spend my time at Uni. I’ve loved being part of Her Campus Nottingham for the past year as a Photography Intern and Copy Editor, especially as it’s given me that cliché creative outlet. Her Campus is an easy way to get your writing, photography, vlogging and blogging out there, as well as being part of a large supportive group of lovely women. I’m always up for a chat, so feel free to message me or approach me with any questions or ideas you have for us!

Immy Hibberd

Nottingham

Jenine Tudtud

Nottingham '17

Jenine is a fourth year American and Canadian Studies student at the University of Nottingham and is hoping to get a career in journalism or publishing. She is currently one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Nottingham! She has just returned from The College of New Jersey after spending the past year studying abroad.