‘Girls in White Dresses with Blue Satin Sashes’: A Few of Our Favourite Festive Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Christmas is just around the corner so we’re pretty sure you probably have some sort of festive events to attend, whether it’s a black tie ball or just a fun meet up with friends you’re bound to find the perfect outfit from our fashion line up. The aim here is to have a killer outfit without spending them dollar bills, or how to look ‘boujee on a budget’.

The fabric that’s being favoured right now is satin and we’re loving it because it makes all clothing look as if they should have a designer label on them, but in actual fact none of these items are above £30! We’re going to show you how you can make satin your staple and also recommend a few drugstore beauty products to go with each outfit so you’ll be pretty much sorted for the whole season.

Sleek Havoc Satin Dress, £30 available at Nastygal.com with Sleek Highlighting Palette in ‘Solstice’, £9.99 available at Superdrug.com

Let’s start with the boujeeist of them all, satin gowns with slits. These super glam dresses call for a serious occasion so if you like to be extra AF then these are you. There’s something very Elvira Hancock about them, looking all confident and sophisticated.

Pair these gowns with a bomb highlighter like the Solstice Highlighter Palette by Sleek, which looks mesmerising this time of year, plus the luminous, creamy sheen will definitely compliment the satin.

Camilla Champagne Hammered Satin Trouser, £22 available at Prettylittlething.com with Nyx Cosmic Metals Lip Creams, £7 available at Boots.com

For something slightly more casual why not go for a pair of satin trousers or a satin skirt? They look incredibly stylish paired with any fitted top and even high fashion paired with a cropped blouse and heels. And, if you really want to dress it up, put on a diamante choker to make that satin pop even more.

These types of outfits look trendy af with a shimmery champagne gloss like Nyx’s Cosmic Metals Lip Cream in ‘Metropolitan Night’ (a nude), ‘Retro Harmony’ (a gold nude), or ‘Crystallized Metal’ (a pink nude). 

Briony Black Satin Cold Shoulder Jumpsuit, £25 available at Misspap.co.uk with Gerard Cosmetics Hyda Matte Liquid Lipsticks, £15 available at Beautybay.com

If you’re not feeling a dress but still want to be glammed up then check out some satin jumpsuits instead. They have that cool but chic vibe, especially when worn with a festive red lipstick.

The Hydra-Matte Liquid Lipsticks by Gerard Cosmetics in ‘Immortal’ (a blood red) or ‘Ruby Slipper’ (a deep burgundy) are very festive and perfect whatever the occasion.

Edited by Angelica Beier

Sources

1

2

3

4

5

6

Thumbnail

Saifa Ahmed

Nottingham

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!