Before Easter, I went to Las Iguanas, a South American restaurant on the Chapel Quarter. Las Iguanas has so much to choose from with their range of dishes including….
- Sharing platters – nachos and mini chile dogs
- Set dishes which originate from Brazil, Mexico and Argentina
- Yummy sides including humitas (Argentine roasted sweetcorn) and spring onion rice
I definitely would recommend Las Iguanas if you are looking for lots of different sides, and not just from Mexico, but Brazil and Argentina too.
We started off with drinks as Las Iguanas do 2 for 1 cocktails all day everyday, which is such a blessing. You ask for one cocktail and you get the other free, which compliments the food so well. Of course I ordered dirty martinis…
For mains, I remember being really hungry, but so spoilt for choice. I eventually went for the smoked chipotle chicken burrito with chunky fries on the side. Overall the burrito was delicious, while the refried black beans made a really nice touch and added a lot of spice to the dish.
The burrito had lots of cheese and tomato salsa on top which is a must when it comes to a burrito, and the quality was definitely worth the price – it was £11.95 which seems quite expensive for a burrito, but I would say because of how it is made, it is definitely worth it
Overall, I would recommend Las Iguanas if:
- You are going for a birthday or special occasion, as the cocktails are definitely appropriate for celebrating.
- You are looking to spend a bit more than a typical student meal out – even with 2 for 1 cocktails and 25% off, the burrito and the side of chips overall came to £22
- You are looking to go out of your comfort zone – South American food is very different and some dishes can be spicy
- You are about the aesthetic and want a really nice interior dining spot and bar
2 – Writer’s own