Foodie Review: Brunch at The Pudding Pantry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

I recently went for brunch with Her Campus Nottingham at The Pudding Pantry, and oh my goodness, it was divine! I’m usually quite skeptical about eating out, but I actually can’t rave about it enough. I know that Nottingham has somewhat of a reputation for its eateries and it’s hard to distinguish the hype from the truth, but if my experience is anything to go by then The Pudding Pantry is definitely one to visit.

Firstly, the hot chocolate was seriously good. You can tell that Pudding Pantry just make sure that everything is done with that bit of extra care and attention. If you’re a fan of homemade hot coco (who isn’t?), then you NEED to try out their Classic Hot Chocolate, which I paid £2.95 for. I figured the pricing was very decent for the hot beverage and that the quality actually exceeded the cost. It was so smooth and just the right amount of rich chocolate to sweetness ratio.

For £9.95 (one of the most expensive options on the brunch menu, which isn’t actually too bad price-wise) you can get what they call The Full Pantry; a delicious couple of pancakes stacked with bacon and served with homemade baked beans, your choice of scrambled or fried eggs, a garlic mushroom and maple syrup. And boy, is it dreamy! 

It’s very filling so I would recommend only purchasing this when you’re seriously hungry. Looking back, I should have just ordered a stack of pancakes and bacon as that would definitely have sufficed my hunger, and I wouldn’t have had so much leftover food!

Saying that, I did actually really enjoy the food that I could manage, and was glad that I could get The Full Pantry to try out all of their star products. The homemade baked beans were really good; definitely different to your traditional (I hadn’t actually tried homemade ones before) but all the more indulgent! The pancakes were just divine as well, and they were really fluffy and sweet yet this didn’t detract from the savoury nature of the rest of the dish. In fact, the sweetness went perfectly with the saltiness of the bacon, meaning the pancakes were definitely the star of the show.

If you’re in Nottingham and looking for a good spot of brunch, I definitely recommend looking at The Pudding Pantry. I can’t believe I hadn’t been before, and will definitely be back in order to try out all of their cakes and sweet treats!

By Chloe Jade Clarke

Image Sources

1, 2, 3 – Writer’s Own

Thumbnail

Hey, I'm Chloe Jade Clarke. I studied at the University of Nottingham for a degree in English and Philosophy from 2016-2019. During my time here I started out in journalism as a reviewer for Her Campus Nottingham before being promoted to Campus Correspondent (editor-in-chief) in my third year. After graduation, I will be training for my News Journalism MA at Cardiff University. Here are a selection of articles that I've written over the past couple of years; I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them!
Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!