Feeling Fruity? QCumber Clothing Has the Answer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

It’s a new year at Nottingham, which means a fresh start and an opportunity to get stuck into your studies once again. However, it is well known that being at university has its fair share of distractions – that’s half the fun. The joyous day of receiving student loans will be arriving shortly, and just when students didn’t need anything else as an excuse to spend that student loan money, QCumber clothing comes along – and we recommend that you don’t fight the urge to spend money on this one.

The Low Down

QCumber is a clothing company that is on the rise in the UK. Founded in 2009 by two Oxford graduates, QCumber sells jumpers which are inspired by fruit and vegetables. Jumpers are available in a wide range of colours and designs, and there is guaranteed to be one to suit anyone’s taste (no pun intended). Co-founders Robert Heaton and David Van Reyk are the faces behind the brand, and cite their inspiration for the idea as this: “We believe that fruit and vegetables are beautifully designed in nature and unrepresented in the world of fashion. We created QCumber when a food fight with some strawberries resulted in a delicious and perfect imprint on a white jumper”. This fun story behind the QCumber idea has clearly been channelled into the jumpers produced – they are bold, quirky and original. And who doesn’t love wearing printed jumpers?

Even more exciting…

The co-founders of QCumber are wanting to take the brand further and are hitting university campuses across the country, which, luckily for all you readers, means that QCumber is coming to the University of Nottingham! Having just re-launched themselves onto university campuses, QCumber now has representatives across seventeen UK campuses – and Nottingham has just been added to the list. Lucy Smith is the QCumber brand rep for Nottingham, and is just as excited as we are about this. We asked Lucy what she loves about QCumber: “I love how it’s so unique and stylish yet so simple and effortless. It is the perfect jumper to throw on if you are nursing a hangover, have woken up late for lectures and don’t have time to find anything to wear or simply just want to stay warm throughout the winter months. Most of all it is FUN!”. We are sold.
On top of this, QCumber will be holding a photo competition to find the UK’s ‘fruitiest’ university. A lucky guy and girl have been picked out already to model the jumpers at Nottingham, and will be entered into a competition against other universities, in which the general public can vote, to officially crown the UK’s ‘fruitiest university’. The competition launches on October 15th, and you can vote on QCumber’s website – www.qcumber.co.uk.

Everything Else You Need To Know

It’s a relief to find that purchasing a jumper has been made very easy. As of yet, QCumber is mainly an internet-based business, although there are a few stockists in selected supermarkets in London – see the website for details. Ordering from the website is easy and safe though, so have a look at the jumpers and take your pick from the 21 designs available. Additionally, use the code ‘NOTTINGHAM’ at the checkout and you will receive a discount of 10%. With jumpers already marked at student prices, this is a welcomed bonus.
The jumpers at QCumber are a great addition to any university student’s wardrobe. They are comfortable, great for everyday whether shopping or going to class, and add to the laidback look that college and university students are well known for. Their jumpers are a trend to embrace and will add a bit of colour to the gloomy autumn days ahead. For further information, or to get involved with QCumber, feel free to get in touch with our lovely campus representative Lucy Smith – aplys1@nottingham.ac.uk. We can’t wait to see these awesome jumpers making their appearance on campus soon!

Follow QCumber on Twitter: @QCumberClothing and like them on Facebook www.facebook.com/qcumbercouk

Anna is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham. She studies American Studies and completed a year abroad at the University of Illinois, USA in 2011/12 where she found her passion for Her Campus by working for Her Campus Illinois as a news editorial intern. After graduating, Anna wishes to pursue her dream of moving to London (or even the US eventually!) and working in something creative and fast-paced, whether it be editing, fashion journalism, PR or publishing. Hobbies (/obsessions) include fashion, shopping, traveling, music and, most importantly, food.