burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

From Fashion Week to High Street: AW18 Edit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

With four big fashion weeks now behind us, it’s time to check in on the high street to see how our fave shops have been interpreting the trends – maybe even for a price we can actually afford!

Fringe Party

Do you want to look like an extra from the Cotton Eyed Joe video? ‘ABSOLUTELY’ I hear you call! Well, fear not! Western shirts and fringed skirts are currently everywhere, and they are guaranteed to make you enter any room feeling 100x sassier than before. Just don’t wear them to a buffet as the fringing will likely end up dipping in everything! Granted this is a bold look, but pair a fringed shirt like this one from Missguided (£18) with some jeans to keep it casual on campus. Alternatively, you can take a leaf out of the ASOS styling book and go the whole way with FBF (full body fringing) to completely encompass the look.

Longchamp S/S 19

Shirt: Missguided £18

Mustard and Tobacco

While this pairing is not, in fact, a new ‘Jo Malone’ candle scent, it’s got the perfect blend of leafy hues to make your wardrobe scream autumn. Although this is completely unwearable around campus in silk à la Rejina Pyo (pictured), Primark have got our backs with their fab range of rusty coloured corduroy pieces (with even more fab price tags). Frankly, no high street store is complete without a chunky mustard knit in autumn, are they? This pinafore from Primark (£12) is a wardrobe staple, and is perfect to throw on over jumpers and t-shirts all throughout winter.

Dress; Primark £12

Jumper; Missguided £22

So, there you have it: the same super seasonal shades styled into uni appropriate gear. They are all you need to echo the runway in your student wardrobe this term.

Don’t change your spots

Animal prints are here to stay but think less Kat Slater and more New York It Girl on safari to keep this trend current. Leopard print can be daunting to wear day to day so keep it casual. You can pair them with some washed out animal print jeans and a simple T-shirt (or jumper now the weathers turning chilly!). One of the best things about animal print is that it looks fab during the day and can take you right through to a night out. Basically, it’s great to keep the cost of your wardrobe down, we’re all on a budget after all!

Burberry S/S 19

Stradivarius

Hey, I'm Chloe Jade Clarke. I studied at the University of Nottingham for a degree in English and Philosophy from 2016-2019. During my time here I started out in journalism as a reviewer for Her Campus Nottingham before being promoted to Campus Correspondent (editor-in-chief) in my third year. After graduation, I will be training for my News Journalism MA at Cardiff University. Here are a selection of articles that I've written over the past couple of years; I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them!