emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Christmas Wish List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Christmas is fast approaching, and with the big day just over a month away, it’s time to start planning. With coursework deadlines and exams fast approaching, it is important to prioritise and prepare for what’s important. In this spirit, I have carefully put together a ‘must have’ christmas wish list to try make your lives easier. 

Stocking Fillers

Whether opting for junkfood pillows, soap gnomes, old skool Pez or my personal favourite a life-size cut out of Harry Styles (perhaps not so easy to fit in a stocking), it is important not to forget the value of the small stuff. Seeing as stocking-fillers are usually the first thing you open and by experience an indicator to whether this will be a successful christmas on the present front, make sure you give santa (cough *your family* cough) a rough idea of what you would like. Urban Outfitters and Shopjeen have some really good tip bits that make perfect stocking fillers.

Scarves

Whether investing in a winter wrap up or opting for a trans-seasonal throw over, a scarf should definitely be on your wish list! The top styles that are gracing this winter’s high streets are; faux fur, wooly knit and light fabric prints. Each and every one of these scarves can completely revolutionise an outfit to look like something you’ve never worn before. One that is definitely on my christmas list is the faux fur that can easily transform your day to day jackets and coats into a new fur-lined collar number.

Boots

This summer has proved that boots are not just for winter trends. This is why a good pair of boots are on my christmas wish list, whether for practicality in the winter or boho chic for spring/summer ’14, you need to get a pair! Earlier this month I got myself a vintage pair of Timberlands and they have barely left my feet, although many would associate them with builders or 90’s hip hop artists, these little beauts are actually a great way to make a statement with your casual day to day wear. Zara houses a great selection of black biker boots, and you can’t go wrong with a good old pair of Alexa Chung grungy Dr. Martens. 

Oversize Tees

There is nothing not to love about oversized tee’s – they are comfy, easy to wear and fashionable. Depending what your personal fashion is, it will dictate what kind of tee you go for. If you prefer plain and bloc colour trends, then Zara provides some great large tee’s, which when paired with a thin long neck chain will work a treat. If, like me, you like bold statement tee’s, then any of the above (Lazy Oaf and Stussy) will be what you’re looking for. The idea is to not try too hard. It is literally a casual outfit you can throw on when you can’t be bothered to think of what to wear, I like to think of them as a fail safe or no brainer.

That concludes my wish list for christmas 2014, and although I can ensure you my list is far more extensive, these are the absolute must-haves. Hope you enjoy writing your christmas list as much as I did, and a very premature Merry Christmas!!  

Edited by Ili Mustafa

Student at The University of Nottingham, England.
Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!