Campus Style SPOTTED: Christmas Jumper Time!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

My aim of this week was to find someone wearing bright clothing; someone who stood out in the wave of black and dark green clothing that have overwhelmed campus in recent weeks. It was a challenge to find a student who was wearing lighter colours all over: I saw many with bright puffers but wearing dark jeans or skirts. This meant that first year Alexandra Guerrero immediately caught my eye with her light outfit, complete with bright shoes and a colourful scarf. I’m not sure what was more exciting about her outfit; the snow bobbles on her Christmas jumper or the fact that her bag quoted a passage from Pride and Prejudice!

Alex saw the first of December as a chance to wear her Christmas jumper and her favourite, very Christmassy scarf. She is wearing a practical rain puffer over the jumper paired with some light blue ripped jeans, which are still a statement piece around campus. Her trainers are not only practical but eye-catching, with the neon pink and purple making her outfit even more noticeable. Alex shows us that cold weather and dark afternoons doesn’t mean darker outfits should always be worn. Also, December marks the beginning of Christmas jumper season, so be bold and fish yours out of your wardrobe before term ends!

Name: Alexandra (Alex) Guerrero

Hall: Broadgate Park

Year: 1st year

Coat: Rab

Jumper: Next

Jeans: Next

Socks: Next

Shoes: Nike

Black bag: Urban Outfitters

Jane Austin print bag: notonthehighstreet.com

Scarf: Joules

Necklace: Own

Necklace charm: Pandora

Me: What inspired your outfit today?

Alex: It was the first of December and I just really wanted to wear my Christmas jumper!

Me: What piece of clothing / accessory completes your outfit today and why?

Alex: The Christmas jumper is essential but I feel like the scarf adds a bit of colour to the outfit.

Me: What clothing item/ accessory can you not leave the house without?

Alex: My scarf because it is so cosy and is like a blanket!

Me: Finally, what shop is your number one place to buy clothes from?

Alex: Most of my clothes are probably from Topshop but it is not necessarily my favourite. I’d say I just have multiple favourites!