Campus Style: HC’s Vintage Fashion Party Highlights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

May 1st was most definitely a night to remember. Kimberley and the rest of the Events team managed to make it a night of good (boob-shaped) cocktails, free mexican food, an exciting raffle draw and of course, the amazing vintage fashion show. Luckily, for Navreen and I, everyone looked good off the catwalk too, all of which made our job much easier!

Here are some of the stylish students we found on the night…

The LBD never gets old. Co-Head of Social Media looked stunning in a simple, off the shoulder black body-con dress. Love it as much we did? It’s from Topshop!

Imey Vance,  third-year Sociology, Topshop dress

Harriet looked fab in one of our favourite trends of 2015 – Stripes! Again, Harriet waved the flag for everyone’s favourite high street store Topshop. We adored the discrete cut-outs on the waist of the dress.

Harriet Dunlea,  third-year English, Topshop dress and Dorothy Perkins boots

Floral prints are a springtime must. The print works well for weddings, dates and it certainly worked well for Kate on the night!

Kate Kilby,  second-year History, Bank playsuit and New Look boots

We’ll say it once, and we’ll say it twice but forget the High street favourites – the charity shop has all the best finds! Emily proved this last night, in a unique, cropped blouse with a butterfly print. She kept the rest of her outfit plain and simple with black skinny jeans, and black heels – we loved it!

Emily Reay,  second-year History, Charity Shop blouse, Topshop jeans and New Look heels

We were obsessed with Sam’s outfit; from the double strap detailing to the pop of colour from her light blue sandals. Swap the sandals for heels for an instant evening look.

Sam Carey,  third-year English, New Look playsuit and New Look sandals.

One of the easiest ways to mix up a casual outfit is by adding a statement shirt. Nick’s vintage shirt was a true-showstopper and bought personality to his otherwise simple jeans-trainers combination. 

Nick Slater,  fourth-year French and Russian, Shirt Vintage store in Paris, Jeans Primark and Shoes are from Topman

For the official photos from the night, make you keep an eye on the Her Campus Nottingham Facebook page!

Final year English Language and Literature student. Likes: cheese, the colour black, and bearded men.