Campus Style: Classy Clashing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Ellen Strangeway

Year: 1

Spotted: Portland Building

Her Campus loves: Unidays – from Apple to ASOS you can get student discounts on all your favourite stores and brands so check it out!

Oh I do love a winter jacket. Warm, stylish and at a price that won’t make your bank balance cry – Ellen hit the jacket jackpot with this Primark Aztec, faux leather sleeved number. I love the contrasting material of the leather and the textured wool-blend fabric it’s trendy yet cosy. Although you can’t tell from the picture Ellen is wearing lovely green paisley print leggings from New Look – which you can buy here: (http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/leggings/black-and-grey-aztec-print-leggings_289691809) Like Ellen, you can dress it down for uni or dress it up for a night out – these leggings are really a staple that would suit anyone!

The clashing Aztec and paisley print could look OTT, but Ellen toned down the look with a cute cream cable-knit jumper, that is also from New Look. Notts students definitely need comfy footwear to climb Portland hill or to run for the 34 bus on East Drive – so why not look stylish as you do so? Ellen’s Nike Blazers can be found in most online stores for around £50.

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.