Campus Style: Casual Chic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Aimee Crossland

Year: 3

Course: Archaeology and Geography

Her Campus loves: For statement jewellery your first port of call should always be River Island! Bold and beautiful – their necklaces can smarten up all your basic T-shirts.

All those based on Jubilee campus; I haven’t forgotten you!

I found Aimee in the Atrium building and had to find out where her outfit was from. By throwing together statement pieces, this simple outfit look epitomizes casual chic. Whether you’re nursing a hangover, if you chuck on some statement bling (Aimee’s necklace is from River Island) or an oversized boyfriend coat (you can pick up Aimee’s from Zara), you may feel like crap, but you’ll certainly look stylish in your 9am lecture. We all own a pair of skinny jeans which are notoriously easy to style and Aimee pairs hers with a thin green-knitted jumper from Primark. I love how all the pieces are easy to transition; the jumper would look equally fab with denim shorts in the summer! Aimee finishes off the look with black military ankle boots from Topshop.

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.