Campus Style: Beloved Barbour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Lauren Fishburne

Year: Second

Course: History

Spotted: Portland

Barbour have always known how to make a good coat from quilted to wax to waterproof, I’m yet to be let down by their range of quality, practical and fashionable jackets which are most definitely worth every penny. The best part being they are almost timeless, making a show in most winter season trends no matter the year which makes them such a great investment piece perfect for the wardrobe. Here, worn by Laura is one of their green wax jackets with a nice patterned inner lining (it’s the little details that count) and of course those handy deep pockets for those without gloves. Keeping it warm up top, she wears a grey and black, almost flower-like patterned jumper from H&M; adding character to this otherwise practical and comfortable outfit. On the bottom half we have the good old Topshop jeans which are proving very popular all over campus – unsurprising really: they come in so many colours and with a nice stretch to the denim. There’s never an issue trying to cross your leg over without getting stuck half way by a sturdy pair of denim…I’m sure we’ve all been there! A black pair of women’s desert style boots from Dune complete the look and finish off yet another stylish but practical campus outfit.

Laurens advice: ‘COMFORT’ – ok, so I must be attracting all the campus comfortable dressers (probably because I am one myself) but if comfortable can look that good then it’s worth a try!

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.