Campus Cutie: Rich Vaughan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Rich Vaughan is our Campus Cutie of the week. We decided to put a spin on this week’s interview and asked Rich’s housemates what they thought his answer would be before asking Rich himself. The answers don’t always match up…

Name: Rich Vaughan 

Year: 2

Course: Physics

Q: Describe your typical Friday night

What the housemates think: Putting on his Sully slippers, ordering from Arco’s, then skyping his girlfriend for six hours. 

Rich’s answer: Pretending to do coursework but not getting anything done, then going to Ocean.

Q: What’s your shower playlist?

What the housemates think: Disney songs. He loves the Hercules soundtrack. (That’s not a joke)

Rich’s answer: Some sort of classic rock power ballad. Think Journey, Kansas, Boston. I’ve been on the musicals recently though.

Q: What’s your recent search history?

What the housemates think: Brazzers, Genesis II opening times, Arco’s.

Rich’s answer: Moodle, Facebook, Arco’s, Papa John’s and Wikipedia’s article on the Quantum Harmonic Oscillator.

Q: Favourite food?

What the housemates think: Arco’s

Rich’s answer: Either Chinese or Indian takeaway.

Q: Favourite films?

What his housemates think: Star Wars.

Rich’s answer: Star Wars original trilogy, Blade Runner, Whiplash, there’s probably more.

Q: How did you spend your gap yah?

What the housemates think: He told everyone he went to Thailand but actually he went to the Lake District.

Rich’s answer: I trained to be a ski instructor for ski season, and marked some exam papers in London.

The Serious Stuff (No housemates were involved during the making of this section)

Q: Do you think Steven Avery did it?

Rich: It wasn’t a fair trial and the Manitowoc police are clearly bent, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t do it.

Q: Would you vote for Donald Trump?

Rich: No.

Q: Most embarrassing moment at uni?

Rich: At the start of uni the relationship with our landlord was as bad as it could get. We were hanging on to our tenancy by a thread. One night, the climax of the cold war between our house and him, my housemate stole my phone. She texted what she thought was our house chat with the words ‘I’m gay.’ We quickly realised it wasn’t the house chat, it was our landlord. I haven’t texted him since.

Q: What do you want to do after uni?

Rich: Oh f**k knows. I’m thinking software but I don’t really know.

Thanks Rich! And to your housemates… 

Edited by Katie Randall