The Camel Coat Chronicle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Anisah Moosa

Year: 1

Degree: International Media and Communications

Her Campus loves: So there I was, skulking around Portland after hours, looking out for a coat worthy to show you all. It’s getting so ridiculously chilly here in Nottingham; it’s time to make that transition from leather jacket to your ever-faithful parka jacket/oversized coat.

I spotted the lovely Anisah heading into Boots in the Portland Building and basically ambushed her. I adore her oversized camel coloured coat, which she told me was from boohoo.com. It’s a relaxed, slouchy boyfriend fit coat, which makes it perfect for throwing over the many layers hiding underneath. When it gets even colder, the double breasted button front means Anisah will be kept nice and snug!

Her scarf also caught my eye – it was so soft and woolly, I definitely wouldn’t ever take it off if it were mine (which I wish it was). It’s from Pull & Bear, with frayed edges and also reversible. One side is a checked black and white pattern, and on the other side it’s a mix of red, yellow, white and green. If you haven’t already, now is definitely the time to invest in a big chunky knitted scarf like Anisah’s.

Lastly, I really like her shoes which are from Topshop: simple, black buckled sandals with a tiny heel – personally, I often find shoes with a very small heel so much comfier than completely flat shoes, for some reason they always hurt my feet. Not to mention, they go great with her whole outfit; sticking to neutral colours like camel, black and white definitely give Anisah a laid-back yet sophisticated look, and I love her style! Thanks Anisah!

Final year English Language and Literature student. Likes: cheese, the colour black, and bearded men.