BREAKING NEWS: Cripps Health Centre Expansion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The Cripps Health Centre on University Park campus has just applied for planning permission from Nottingham city council to expand. With 41,000 patients on its GP register, it’s already the largest GP surgery in the UK but was originally built for the 6,000 students and staff on campus in 1969.

If plans are approved, the site will have an impressive 31 consultation rooms; 8 dental treatment rooms; a 4-bed patient observation room; 2 enhanced procedure rooms; 2 treatment rooms; 9 mental health rooms; 1 seminar room; and a physiotherapy room. Of course, the health centre will still have a pharmacy attached to it, which presumably will be the Boots we know and love, but bigger. It would be set to be completed in Autumn 2018.

Many of us have faced the long waiting times and felt cramped in Boots, trying to wiggle past each other to get to the till. Hopefully these plans are approved and can help the surgery cope better with the staggering amount of sickly students and other patients that stagger in every day!

Edited by: Jenine Tudtud

Sources:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/images/localworld/ugc-images/276368/Articl…

http://www.nottinghampost.com/images/localworld/ugc-images/276368/binari…

Sarah Holmes

Nottingham

Sarah is currently a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, studying Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry. As a photography intern for HC Nottingham, she now has an excuse for all the snaps she takes while out and about exploring the city. In addition to this, she is also a copy editor (mostly because she's one of those annoying gals who likes to correct you). In between adventures, she can often be found either: cuddled up with her two extremely fluffy labradoodle pups Sherlock and Watson; singing loudly in her student flat; reading books about bad-ass women of the past; fretting about whether her fringe is straight or trying not to burn something in the kitchen.
Jenine Tudtud

Nottingham '17

Jenine is a fourth year American and Canadian Studies student at the University of Nottingham and is hoping to get a career in journalism or publishing. She is currently one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Nottingham! She has just returned from The College of New Jersey after spending the past year studying abroad.