Style > Beauty

Blushed and Bronzed: Priyanka Chopra’s Royal Wedding Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

If you’ve seen those Instagram pictures of Priyanka Chopra at the Royal Wedding reception wearing that ‘straight out of a fairy tale’ sparkling champagne coloured Dior dress and with that heavenly glowing skin, you’ll probably agree that she looked nothing less than a Summer Goddess. The nude berry lipstick was gorgeous and tied the whole look together perfectly because it gave both beachy, golden goddess vibes and fresh, rosy spring vibes all in one. Read on to see out beauty breakdown of this look and how to recreate it!

Illuminator

Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighters, £6 each. Available at Superdrug.com

After prepping your skin, apply a few drops of illuminator to the whole face. We love the Iconic London Illuminator drops the for perfect amount of luminous glow. They can be a little pricey so Makeup Revolution’s Liquid Highlighters are a great dupe, and the packaging is stunning.

After this step you can go ahead and apply the rest of you base, and you can even add a couple more drops of illuminator to your foundation for that ‘lit from within’ goddess glow. Once you’ve finished applying your base, you can then dap a little more of the illuminator on all the high points of the face for a celestial glow that catches the light.

Bronzer

The Balm Cosmetics Bahama Mama Bronzer, £17.50. Available at Feelunique.com.

Apply the bronzer where you would apply contour and blend out for a soft sculpt of the cheekbones as oppose to a harsh, stripy contour. This look is more natural and seamless which will look best in all lighting conditions. We recommend Bahama Mama Bronzer by The Balm Cosmetics as it suits a range of different skin tones, from fair to deep.

Eyeshadow

Urban Decay Naked Palettes, £39.50 each. Available at FeelUnique.com.

The eye makeup was very simple but looked so sophisticated. First apply a shade that closely matches your skin tone all over the lid and into the crease to add definition and warmth. Next choose any shimmering champagne shade and add that all over the lid too as well as in the inner corner of the eye.

Lastly apply a warm deep brown shade at the top and bottom lash lines and blend to add definition just as you would with eyeliner. Using a deep eyeshadow instead of eyeliner gives a softer finish. You can then apply any wispy eyelashes you have or a generous coat of mascara for long fluttery lashes, with all these shades available in any of the Urban Naked Palettes and dupe palettes. 

Lipstick

Gerard Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in ‘1995’, £14. Available at Beautybay.co.uk.

Prep the lips with lip balm and apply the muted blush-toned colour similar to the one that was on Priyanka. We’ve found Gerard Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in the shade ‘1995’, which is a nod to the 90s supermodel era. It’s a gorgeous combination of, nude, blush, and rose, which suits all skin tones and goes perfectly with almost all makeup looks.

Sources

1

2

3

4

Saifa Ahmed

Nottingham

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!