The Best Ski Resorts From Around the World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

We’ve satisfied your winter wanderlust by ranking the most magnificent ski resorts in the world. Whether you’re a pro skier or nature lover, everyone can appreciate what the mountains have to offer.

Most charming

Zermatt, Switzerland

In shadow of the stunning Matterhorn, Zermatt preserves its old world charm by maintaining its car free village. Therefore, you are able to relax and enjoy the pure bliss of the Swiss Alps.

Best for a night out

St Anton, Austria

St Anton is known for having the best après in the mountains. After a hard day of hitting the slopes you will be spoilt for choice among their many bars and nightclubs.

Biggest ski area

Vail, Colorado

With 140 miles of ski area, your urge to race down the mountain will not be short lived. The village is also very large, boasting a great number of restaurants and bars to fulfil your mountain experience.

Biggest bang for your buck

St Martin de Belleville, France

St Martin sits among the well known ski resorts of Méribel, Courchevel and Val Thorens, and has world class skiing for the fraction of the cost. With the extra money you’ve saved you can buy those new skis that you want to keep yourself looking stylish on the slopes.

The Snowboarders paradise

Laax, Switzerland

Also situated in the Swiss Alps, Laax is a snowboarders dream come true. The resort caters to snowboarders with a terrain park to practice all of your tricks. For the more daring, there are miles and miles of piste ground to cover.

Edited by: Amy Hawthorne

Sources

http://gtspirit.com/2015/01/31/gtspirit-top-10-best-ski-resorts-2015/