This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The Met Gala is always a special event, and is a great place to see some amazing and inventive outfits on celebrities we all know and love, created by the most famous designers. The theme this year was Comme Des Garcons which is French for “like boys” and is a fashion label founded by Japanese designer Rei Kawakubo. This makes Rei the first living designer since Yves Saint Laurent in 1983 to be the subject of the Met’s fashion exhibit.

The stand out look of the night, and what most would agree to be the best, was Rihanna, in an outfit from Comme des Garcons, along with Dsquared2 sandals.

Cara Delevingne showcased her new haircut and channelled a silver look with a great silver Channel suit and court shoes.

Gigi Hadid looked sexy in an asymmetrical Tommy Hilfiger dress, complete with over the knee stockings.

Katy Perry looked a vision in red in a custom Maison Margiela gown by John Galliano.

Kendall Jenner went for a barely there look in a stunning sheer dress La Perla.

Candice Swanepoel went for a strapless full ball gown dress, custom made by Topshop.

Blake Lively went for a Versace, figure hugging dress with a feathered twist.

Kim Kardashian looked classy in a white Vivienne Westwood, off the shoulder dress.

Selena Gomez looked beautiful in a white embroidered dress by Coach completed with Tiffany & Co. Jewellery.

Lupita Nyong’o looked great in a peach Prada number along with Tiffany & Co. jewellery.

Emily Ratajkowski went for a full length sequined gown by Marc Jacobs.

Zendaya looked amazing in a full length, off the shoulder, bright printed, Dolce & Gabbana couture dress.

This Met Gala (as usual) showcased a lot of gorgeous outfits and had a great theme, which allowed celebs to think creatively. Now to start the countdown till next year!

Edited by: Amy Hawthorne

Sources:

http://www.vogue.co.uk/gallery/met-gala-2017-dresses

Psychology student who loves writing films and fashion
Immy Hibberd

Nottingham