Style > Beauty

Best Holiday Beauty Buys 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The Christmas season is when beauty brands release some of their most covetable items and collections. Each year they release limited edition pieces that would be great to give as a gift or to request on your Christmas list. We’ve rounded up the best holiday beauty collections for 2015.

Nars Steven Klein One Shocking Moment Palette

This year Nars has really pulled out all the stops with their holiday collection. They have collaborated with Steven Klein to release a wide range of palettes, lip products and more. The best piece is the One Shocking Moment Palette for £45. It contains two contouring colours, one bronzer and four blush shades all in one. They have also released a killer lipstick set with 5 mini lipsticks for only £29. Get your hands on one before they’re gone!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette

Any beauty lover will know that hourglass is a growingly popular brand with lots of luxurious products, particularly those for the face. This year Hourglass have release a limited edition palette with two blush shades, their new cult bronzer and three of their famous Ambient Lighting powder shades. Considering an individual blush would usually cost £28 and Ambient Lighting powder would usually cost £38, this palette is an absolute steal at only £65.

Tom Ford Lips and Boys

Last year Tom Ford launched his Lips and Boys mini lipstick collection named after the men who had inspired him throughout this life. They went down a treat, especially because of their reduced price tag of £27, a whole £11 cheaper than his usual lipsticks. This year Tom has released an edited Lips and Boys collection with 50 shades; 25 from the old collection and 25 completely new ones. These lipsticks are great for if you’ve always wanted to try a Tom Ford lipstick but were always too scared to pay that much for one. The new metallic shades would also make a great Christmas gift.

Laura Mercier Daring by Day Eye and Cheek Colour Palette

One of the best products from Laura Mercier’s Christmas collection is the Daring by Day Eye and Cheek Colour Palette. This product is so versatile with six gorgeous eyeshadow shades, a shimmery highlighter and a fresh bright pink blusher. This palette would be great for a Christmas day makeup look and would make the perfect gift at £32.

MAC Magic of the Night Collection

You can’t go wrong with a bit of MAC makeup. Their frequent limited edition collections sell out instantly and their staple products are iconic. This year MAC has released the Magic of the Night collection for the holidays so you can “get ready for an enchanted evening that just won’t stop.” The limited edition products come in fun bright blue and purple packaging that will really get you in the party spirit. The collection contains five smokey colour drenched pigments, bold and bright lipstick shades, and a shimmery highlighter powder. With prices starting at £13.50, these would make any beauty lover’s Christmas wishes come true this year.

Chanel Collection Vamp Attitude

Chanel’s seasonal limited edition collections are always sought after and sell out really quickly. This Christmas, they have named their collection Rouge Noir Absolument after their new festive lamé Rouge Noir Gold Sparkle Nail Coat. The collection is full or rich deep tones and sparkles, which is perfect for a holiday set, and there is a wide variety of products to choose from including lip glosses, eyeshadow palettes and a cream eyeshadow. This is definitely one to add to the Christmas list this year.

Benefit Party Sets

Benefit products always make a good gift for a friend or family member. They have so many iconic and well-known products that everyone will enjoy. This year Benefit have released a wide selection of gift sets including a blush set, a skincare set, and sets with a wide selection of varied products. The price tags vary, from £18.50 to £39.50, depending on how much you want to spend.

Charlotte Tilbury Nocturnal Eyes

Ever since make-up artist to the stars, Charlotte Tilbury, released her own line of products she has dominated the makeup world. She has expertly crafted products that suit everyone and every occasion. This Christmas season, Charlotte has released some new products and sets including her Nocturnal Cat Eyes to Hypnotise set, which contains a new eyeshadow product and a mini eyeliner to match. There are four different shades available for a price of £29 and these sets would be perfect for a Christmas party look. She has also re-released her Mini Lipstick Charms set with three of her most sought after lipstick shades in one convenient set.

Nails Inc Alice and Olivia by Stacey Bendet Nail Polish Collection

Nails Inc has partnered up with Alice and Olivia and Stacey Bendet to create this gorgeous collection of mini nail varnishes inspired by their autumn/winter collection. This set contains the perfect festive colours including Ruby Night Sky, a “deepest shiraz” shade and Gold Goddess, a “shimmering 24k gold” shade. This set is well worth the £25 investment for Christmas parties and holiday celebrations.

Illamasqua Illamusthaves Gift Boxes

Illamasqua is a less well known and more exclusive brand. They mainly have counters that are in Selfridges or Debenhams in major cities. This is why these gift boxes would be all the more special for a Christmas present. There are three different boxes all with one different shade of nail varnish and each has the same two eye shadow colours. The packaging alone would make anyone lust after these £45 sets.

Edited by Lucy Jackman

Sources:

Sophie is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, England. She is studying American Studies and would love a career in Journalism or Public Relations (preferably while living in NYC). Sophie has been a Fashion Blogger at HC Nottingham since she started at the University at Nottingham in 2012/13. She was also a Publicity Intern during her second year at HC Nottingham in 2013/14. She was a Campus Correspondent during her year abroad for HC Albany as well as contributing to writing for HC Nottingham. She is currently the Head of Publicity for Her Campus, as well as continuing to write fashion blogs. She is a self proclaimed fashion and make-up addict and she also enjoys travelling, reading, (excessively) watching TV shows and films, music, shopping and of course writing for Her Campus!