This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The Little Plant Guys are a small independent business located on High Road in Beeston, who are dedicated to supplying you with the greenery that everyone needs in their homes.

I discovered The Little Plant Guys on one of my first walks down into Beeston as a means of getting to know my surroundings. I ventured out with my friends, and we entered with excitement when we saw the busy foliage from the outside. As a plant-loving group (who wasn’t so good at keeping them alive) we were wide-eyed and excited about the mysteries of this small shop.

We flowed into the small shop with our puffy coats and wet squeaky shoes, and our excitement only increased the more we looked around. You enter a homely, Pinterest-looking environment oozing green. They sell a variety of home essentials from plants and decorations to posters and organic soaps upstairs – just be careful not to hit your head on the mugs if you’re tall.

Their entry floor is full of green goodness and most of their plants have names! They have a variety of small succulents to larger houseplants, including a range of soil and feed for your plants and small plant-oriented prints on A6 card. When you make your way upstairs you pass their tote bags and posters and make it to their selection of random goods. This includes a selection of different goods including, but not limited to shampoo bars, beer oils, bamboo toothbrushes, kitchen essentials such as bowls and glasses, and a small collection of books. There’s even a table to sit at and debate whether the plant you’ve fallen in love with is an impulse buy or a must (I’ve found it’s always the latter).

As soon as I discovered them, The Little Plant Guys became my go-to shop for any gift-giving occasion because of its high-quality and unique products. The calm atmosphere in their shop makes for an
enjoyable trip whenever you visit them, where time passes so quickly you don’t realise you’ve been there for a near hour.

The staff are really welcoming and friendly, and if you’re lucky when you visit you might even be able to meet their rescue dog Larry! The team who keeps The Little Plant Guys running are knowledgeable in all thing’s plants, so if you have any questions about a specific plant or its care, they’ll be more than happy to help you out.

They have a website with lots of information about plant care and lots of photographs if you just want to browse there or on their Instagram -it’s quite aesthetic.

They do a few pop-ups throughout the year, and currently listed on their website is a wreath making session or you can go and visit them at the Garage Chilwell farmers market in December this year.

@littleplantguys you’re one of my favourites <3

Deniz Kalayci-Clow

Nottingham '24

Deniz Kalayci-Clow is the co-editor at the Nottingham chapter of Her Campus, she oversees and guides her team of writers, reading and editing a range of topics in weekly articles and publishing them on the website. Her interests include supporting local businesses by introducing fellow readers to the creative corners and helping them feel more comfortable by guiding them through the city. She is currently a final year English student at the University of Nottingham. In her free time, she balances work, creative outlets like art, tries out different forms of exercise, and makes use of any excuse to have a sweet treat to get through the day.