Milk and Honey Polka Dot Tights?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Milk and Honey Polka Dot Tights?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Fashion

Autumn Fashion Trends I love, and Where To Find Them

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Georgia shares her excitement for the upcoming colder season, expressing her enthusiasm for layering up and experimenting a bit more with her autumnal choices.

Although we held onto summer fashion for as long as possible, chilly weather is looming on us. After months in lockdown in 2020, winter fashion can finally make a resurgence, making the dark nights a bit more tolerable. With the change in season, a fresh cohort of trends emerge to incorporate into your existing wardrobe. We can finally celebrate cute Christmas markets, dress up for festivities and layer up for bonfire night – all in style, as we’ve had enough of staying in to last us a lifetime! So here is my take on fashion this autumn and where to grab it all.

1.Varsity Jackets 

Varsity jackets are a versatile staple in your A/W wardrobe, considering they can be layered, whilst also providing an effortless, preppy look. Originating from Harvard University’s baseball team, this jacket has done the rounds countless times over the years, each with a fresh perspective. This season, I’ve seen a lot of vintage letterman jackets popping up on my Instagram and TikTok feed, boasting a more casual, daytime look. In my opinion, these jackets are worth the money considering they can be dressed up or down. 

Where to find:

• Bershka: College Cotton Jacket in Brown (£35.99)
  • Skinny Dip: Chicago Oversized Varsity Bomber Jacket (£65)

2. Face – print tops 

Summer 2021 brought in maximalist prints such as checkerboard, psychedelic swirl and funky patchwork designs. Continuing this, the face print top has taken the spotlight in the theme of graphic prints. In favour of sustainability, so many different designs may be found on Depop for a y2k style, paired with a puffer and baggy jeans. Further, Named Collective have numerous face print designs, in which their main goal is being eco-friendly, with their clothing made in limited runs and small batches.

Where to find:

• Depop : Mia’s Garms (£25)
  • Jaded London: Dotted Face Print 00s Vest Top (£22)
  • Named Collective: X-RATED RIBBED TANK IN WHITE AND RED (£35)

3. Cargo Pants

Recycled in the fashion loop for A/W 2021, cargo pants have taken the fashion industry by storm. Although often associated with the British military, therefore a very practical and static choice, the likes of Bella Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski have refashioned them to look stylish. I think cargo pants are worth the money, considering they are a statement piece. You can purchase them in a variety of different options, camo print, low rise or corduroy to cater your tastes. 

Where to find:

• Urban Outfitters: BDG Charcoal Y2K Low-Rise Cargo Pants (£55)
  • Stradivarius: Straight fit cargo trousers (£27.99)

4. Knee-high boots

Boot season is upon us. Taking a trip back to the 60s and a popular new contender this season, the knee-high boot can elevate any outfit. I’ve seen these a lot over on Instagram! Personally, I think a black pair can be worn year on year and never gets old. I would pair with a brown halterneck dress and my black leather jacket.

Where to find:

• Pull and Bear: Knee – High heeled boots (£59.99)
  • Public Desire: Apology Black PU Knee High Block Heel Boots (£44.99)

5. Patterned Tights

Dubbed as the one of most ‘unexpected’ trends of 2021 by Vogue, the patterned tight has been a popular choice for influencers such as Cinzia Bayliszullo and Sienna Miller. Gucci’s Black GG Supreme Tights paved the way for this trend, encouraging other big brands such as Prada to hop on the bandwagon. Both feature their infamous logo in a monogram style with a sheer material. Unfortunately, the Gucci tights retail at a whopping £100 – I don’t know about you but, the stress of ripping them would be too much! I’ve provided some dupes down below for a similar vibe which would look so cute with a black mini skirt and knee-high boots!

Where to find:

• Missy Empire: Reeya Black Patterned Tights (£10)
  • Urban Outfitters: Woven Tights (£12)

That wraps up my top 5 picks for Autumn fashion – happy shopping!

Georgia Hulme

Nottingham '22

Hi I’m Georgia and I’m in my final year studying English at the University of Nottingham! In my spare time I enjoy walking my dog and anything fashion related :)