Are They NUTS?! No – They’re NSTV!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

UoNs student-run television station today announced that they’re rebranding; it’s goodbye NUTS, hello NSTV!

NSTV this year welcomed an almost entirely new exec team, and with fresh faces come fresh ideas. Rory O’Shea, Station Director, said “NSTVs new image is a reflection of the changing face of student television, a service that is still available to all the students at the university”.  And with NUTS’ obvious association with the infamous Lads’ mag, the name change aims to bring a more professional, quality tone to the station. “And most importantly,” says Rachel Berkoff, Director of Content, “we’re getting rid of the BRIGHT ORANGE”.

The decision to rebrand was only finalised towards the end of summer, so the exec team have done a lot of hard work in only 3 weeks. This meant developing new logos, meeting with the SU, making promo videos, and a lot of coffee!

Despite the new image, Rachel reassures us that NUTS is still NUTS. “We provide exactly the same as previous years, with the same 4 channels: entertainment, sport, news and culture. We just wanted a fresh, exciting image to play with this year”.

NSTV has also been working hard on their Week One content. They’ll be producing two live shows a day, available on the new website. The Morning After (12pm) is a competition based show, where different societies are pitted against each other in exciting games and challenges. Then the Week One Show Live (6:30pm) features interactive interviews with exciting guests, and live performances every day. Both shows try to give Freshers all the info they need about UoN, in a fun format.

Week One Show Live will also be filming the best night’s out during Freshers’ Week, so look out for cameras (and your embarrassing cameo appearances on the show!)

If you’re interested in joining the NSTV team, membership is £4 from Freshers’ Fair or the SU website. There is basic training after Week One, after which you can get straight in to proposing and producing a show, or can get involved with an existing show!

Check out the new website here

Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!