Heart3?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Heart3?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

An astrological guide to love: your venus sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Everyone by now knows what their sun sign is, whether you’re an avid astrology fan and can read any birth chart given to you, or you’ve been told what your star sign is by a random girl in a club toilet, but there is a lot more to you than just one sign.

Everyone has a unique wheel chart called a birth chart depending on their exact time and date of birth, with different planets ruling different parts of your personality and the 12 houses representing different aspects of your life. Plus, multiple other aspects and degrees all giving different nuanced meanings to the basic zodiac signs.

One of these planets is your Venus sign, ruled by the planet of love, beauty, and finances, your Venus sign can give an insight into your spending habits, how you choose to dress and most prominently how you behave in a relationship

To find your birth chart and see what your Venus sign is just look up any birth chart calculator online (or just Venus sign calculator if you’re lazy) and fill in your details, and then you can come back and see what it all means.

I should also add that these are generalisations and harsh aspects to Venus in you chart or different house placements can all affect how your Venus placement manifests in your life

Aries Venus

Often classed as the youngest sign of the zodiac, Aries Venuses are usually very playful, very fun signs, but tend to get bored extremely easily, moving on from people fast and often with no real reason. These signs live for the chase so if you want to bag one playing hard to get is your best bet.

Taurus Venus

As one of the two domicile Venus placements (meaning the sign is placed in the planet that it is ruled by) Taurus Venuses are objectively one of the best Venus signs to have, and generally make very stable, loving partners, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have their own problems. As earth signs Taurus Venuses are very grounded, but can be described as a bit lazy, often preferring to stay home and order food rather than go out.

Gemini Venus

Flirty, charming and commitment phobic. Gemini Venuses are mutable air signs meaning they need constant change or stimulation. Sometimes stereotyped as the cheaters of the zodiac along with Sagittarius, they’re often just misunderstood. Being ruled by mercury they need a lot of mental stimulation and excitement in order to stay present in a relationship and if you can keep up with their flighty nature and constant need for change, they can actually be some of the most committed signs, it just takes a lot for them to get there.

Cancer Venus

The epitome of hard on the outside, soft on the inside, these Venus placements can come across as quite emotionally closed off at first but that’s only because they’re incredibly protective about their feelings and are usually very private people. However once in a relationship they are easily the most sensitive, nurturing sign, craving stable, deeply emotional connections.

Leo Venus

As the drama queens of the zodiac this Venus placement needs attention more than anyone. Definitely having words of affirmation as a love language these placements need to feel special and like all your attention is on them before they decide to open up to you. Whilst they can be casual flirts, being a fixed sign Leo Venuses are among the most committed, secretly preferring long term relationships over short flings.

Virgo Venus

Virgo Venuses are definitely the pickiest among the Venus signs so if your partner is one then well done. Often quite closed off at first these placements prefer to watch from a distance, observing your every move to see if you’re worthy or good enough for them to open up to you. As they are known to be perfectionists these signs will often do anything for someone they love, making sure everything is ‘perfect’ for you all the time.

Libra Venus

The second of the domicile Venus placements (and my own Venus placement) these signs are definitely the hopeless romantics of the zodiac. Although, being air signs, they often just love the idea of love and have a new crush every other week, with a tendency to get bored and move onto their new obsession just as quickly. But if you do manage to keep them entertained long enough for them to get attached, they can be incredibly loving partners

Scorpio Venus

Intense, passionate, and sometimes a bit clingy, Scorpio Venuses are definitely one of the best Venus signs you would want in a partner. Their intense feelings make for someone who will always be by your side, usually craving deep, intense connections rather than superficial flings, these signs want love to be a meaningful experience and once they feel like they have that it will be very difficult for them to let go of someone

Sagittarius Venus

Another mutable Venus placement, these signs move fast. Quick to the point and not scared to go after what they want; they can be very direct people. However, the speed at which they move in relationships also translates to every other aspect of their life. Similarly, to Gemini Venus these people need constant excitement and newness to keep them entertained or they will find a new person in an instant

Capricorn Venus

As the providers of the zodiac, Capricorn Venuses are usually very money and goal oriented. Not committing to anyone until they are 100% sure you will fit into their lifestyle; these people look for a partner who can grow with them. As earth signs they can be more closed off and reserved but as with anything in their life if they put their mind to something they will get it, and that is especially true in their relationships

Aquarius Venus

The last of the air signs, again embodying the stereotypically aloof, commitment phobic traits of these signs, Aquarius Venuses can take a while to commit, often preferring a friend to lovers romance rather than having to chase after anyone.

Pisces Venus

Finally, the dreamers of the zodiac, Pisces Venuses often have an idealistic view of love. Similar to libra Venus, these placements are in love with the idea of love, but due to their mutable nature they have a tendency to run away if real life does not match their perfect perception of what romance should be.

Maya Zarri

Nottingham '23

English graduate from the University of Nottingham, currently studying an MA in Fashion Communications Get in touch! - maya.zarri@gmail.com