This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

It’s the middle of the week. You’re already sick of lectures and coursework and the weekend is just out of reach. But why wait? Accommodating for some of the best student nights and socials, Wednesdays are the new Fridays. With ample club nights and events to suit everyone, what else would you want to be doing on a Wednesday night? That Thursday morning seminar can wait…

Paraiso

Where: The Cell

When: 10.30pm – 3.30am

About: discounted drinks, disco tech tunes and a live sax player. What more could you want? Advertising themselves as an ‘exotic student brand’, Paraiso brings the aesthetic ambience of an Ibiza boat party all the way to Fletcher Gate in Nottingham. Prioritising innovative productions and forward-thinking visuals, Paraiso boasts impressive lighting and sound systems as well as a range of headline DJs to enhance your night of grooving. In an intimate venue like no other, Paraiso can undoubtedly take the title of being the funkiest event in Nottingham.

Crisis

Where: Rock City

When: 9pm – 3pm

About: you saw it coming. Not only is Crisis the most iconic night out in Nottingham, but it’s also been dubbed as the ‘UK’s biggest weekly student night’, hosting over 2500 students! From shit shirts to white lies, you will see it all at Crisis. Although the night may carry a trigger warning: rugby boys.

Grab your £1.50 Jägerbombs and enjoy a night full of pop, R&B, dubstep and more! The tickets, however, are like gold dust. Set your alarms for 4pm on Monday and have your card details ready on the Fixr website. Didn’t manage to get a ticket? You can pay on the door with help from ‘The Q’. Unlike most other perpetual nightclub queues, Crisis offers you the best of both worlds. Head one door down to Stealth, Nottingham’s leading DnB club, while you wait for a text to let you know when your tickets are available.

Can you really call yourself a student at University of Nottingham if you haven’t been to Crisis?

Indie Wednesdays

Where: The Bodega

When: 11pm – 3am

About: providing the ultimate A-Z of indie anthems, The Bodega promises a night that even Alex Turner himself would be impressed with. Guaranteeing a festival-ready soundtrack from the bands you love, Indie Wednesdays allow you to relish in the sounds of the biggest and best alternative rock artists out there. And that’s not all…indulge in 2-4-1 drinks all night long! With Catfish and the Bottlemen, Oasis and Arctic Monkeys all housed under one roof, no other venue in Nottingham does indie night quite like The Bodega.

Madeline Wesley

Nottingham '23