This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

It seems as though everyone is pairing off into relationships these days, leaving the single ones feeling lonely and left out. Well, if you’ve been fixated on getting into a relationship, I’ve conjured up eight reasons to savour your singleness while you can!

1. You can flirt as much as you like.

Being single means you can flirt to your heart’s content without feeling guilty or hurting anyone’s feeling. So get out there, bat those eye lashes, laugh at those unfunny jokes, and send those winky-face emojis. You have absolutely nothing to lose.

2. You can be a total slob

That’s right, you’re living every taken girl’s dream.  You can rock the woolly mammoth look and not shave or wax if you don’t want to. You can wear big comfortable underwear, and no one will judge you. You can even spend all day curled up in bed, bare-faced and unshowered, surrounded by snacks and accompanied by Netflix. It’s your world, be as filthy as you please.

3. All the covers are yours.

No one likes waking up in the middle of the night freezing cold because someone is hogging all the covers. Well that’s not an issue if you’re single. You get to wrap up comfortably by yourself like a snuggly warm burrito.

4. Save money!

Gifts, expensive meals and days out are no longer reasons for your empty pockets. Now money can be spent on whatever you like. You’ll be surprised how much you save as anniversaries and birthdays become ‘just another day.’

5. Save time!

You can now spend hours, minutes and seconds doing fulfilling activities that you value without having to consider someone else’s time or interest. Additionally, there’s plenty of free time to hang out and enjoy the company of your friends and family.

6. No drama.

Remember all those times you were left worrying why he/she hadn’t text back? How about those long nights spent wondering who would be attending your other half’s girl’s/boy’s night out? The arguments, the silent treatment, and all the other dramas that may have once been an issue in your past relationships? Well, being single means that you don’t have to worry about such things. You can kick back, relax, and enjoy a drama-free life.

7. You get your privacy

No one will be wanting to lurk through your text messages, or trying to figure out the password to your phone. Also, no one will go through your personal belongings, accompany you to the bathroom and initiate conversation while you’re on the toilet, or want to know all the details from that lengthy chat you just had with your best friend.

8. All the pizza is yours.

Most importantly, you don’t have to worry about who gets to devour the last slice of pizza. You can enjoy the entire mouth-watering cheesiness by yourself and without feeling greedy. This applies to all meals, by the way. Single people simply don’t have to share!

My name is Sarah, and I'm a blogger for Her Campus Nottingham University
Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!