5 Products to Make You Look More Awake

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The academic year has finally begun and we at Her Campus Nottingham know how hectic student life can be at the beginning…and all throughout the year to be honest. Queue the all-nighters! Whether they’re for fun or because you’ve left an assignment too late, being a student can make all of us look and feel tired af, especially during those 9am lectures. 

Lucky for you we’ve put together a list of five affordable and practical beauty gems that will give you an instant glow and will definitely make you look more awake even if you’re not.  

These products are also quick and easy to use and incorporate within your daily routine because, let’s face it, who has time for anything in the morning? Remember, don’t feel like you have to use all the products that we mention.

This list has been put together so that you can pick and choose whichever products you think you’ll benefit from and will fit in with your morning routine. We recommend it’s best to use these products as ‘sides’ to compliment and use alongside your ‘main’ products, such as your moisturiser and foundation!  

Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber And Green Tea (right) and Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs And Rosewater (left), £7 each. Available at www.BeautyBay.com

We’re hitting it off with two skincare products from Mario Badescu. The green one, which is the ‘Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber And Green Tea’, can be used as your morning toner by spraying it on cleansed skin before you moisturize. These cooling ingredients will soothe the skin and reduce any redness or irritation while also waking you up if washing your face didn’t do the trick. 

The pink one, which is the ‘Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs And Rosewater’, can be used as both, a setting spray and hydration boost. This can also be sprayed throughout the day for an instant refresh, its herbal extracts and rosewater will lightly hydrate your skin and relieve tight complexions. 

We’re telling you, facial sprays are the most effortless and least time consuming skincare products, and that’s exactly what we want every morning. 

Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Instant-Perfecting Power Primer, £11. Available at www.Boots.com

Product number two is Soap and Glory’s ‘One Heck of a Blot’ primer. This can be worn under makeup, on top of makeup, or simply on its own to slightly mattify the skin and blur out any pores and blemishes.

A great multi-action primer for when you want to even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of redness, this will help your makeup last longer and provide a healthy glow as it includes Vitamin E.  

Nyx Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator, £8. Available at www.FeelUnique.com

Everybody loves a luminous glow, which is why we have to tell you about the ‘Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator’ by Nyx. Similar to Soap and Glory’s primer, this can be worn under makeup, over makeup, or on its own to give the skin a soft focus effect.

Dab a little on all your high points of the face, such as: the cheekbones, the tip of the nose, and the Cupid’s bow for a subtle highlight that blends seamlessly into the skin.

Tanya Burr Chasing the Sun Illuminating Powder in Peonies Please (middle), £7.49. Available at www.Superdrug.com

This next product is a blusher-highlighter hybrid, which is great when you don’t have the time to be faffing around with different products. The Tanya Burr ‘Chasing the Sun Illuminating Powder’ in the shade ‘Peonies Please’ gives you the prettiest shine of rose on the apples of your cheeks, presenting you a nice summer gleam. Definitely a staple for all year round.

e.l.f ‘Aqua Beauty Radiant Gel Lip Tint, £5. Available at www.Superdrug.com

Lastly, let’s talk about the ‘Aqua Beauty Radiant Gel Lip Tint’ by e.l.f. This hydrating gel tint is enhanced with purified water that leaves your lips feeling cool and gives you a natural wash of colour. 

We would recommend the shade ‘Dewy Berry’ as the reddish tones will help brighten up the complexion and provide a nice gloss.  

Image Sources

1

2

Edited by Angelica Beier

Saifa Ahmed

Nottingham

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!